“Wonderful place with lovely people”
Review of Kegworth House

Kegworth House
Ranked #1 of 3 Kegworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Coffee fantastic, smoked salmon & scrambled eggs cooked to perfection! This house is a hidden gem. Warm, welcoming & very comfortable, with smiling staff who want to be here. What a difference to the usual run of the mill Hotels. I definitely want to come back in the summer & have a glass of wine in the garden. Overall great quality & service, for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Room 10 is large, comfortable, warm.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen C

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed here 4 nights in October/November 2013. The house itself was beautiful. Lot of character, very nicely furnished (very warm!), bathroom area in my room was a little small but I did have the smallest of all rooms I think. Staff were all super friendly

Breakfast was fantastic. Anything you could possibly want, this ended up being my only meal of the day it was that filling.

They have an arrangement with a local spa/gym so got to use the gym facilities during my stay.

Kegworth itself is pretty dead. There's a pub, a curry house, a chinese, a co-op, that kinda thing... but really not much going on.

If it were just a bit more lively in the evening I'd definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the bridal suite and room opposite with my mum and 2 bridesmaids the night before my wedding. The rooms were beautiful esp the bridal suite. The 2nd room bathroom was more like a large box in the corner of the room and we had issues with the hot water. Breakfast was lovely with lots to choose from and a smoked salmon option too. Main downside was that when booking I stated the time of my wedding (1pm) about 15mins drive away. On the day we were asked to leave at 11 (when I paid the bill in my pjs at 20 mins to 11 eek panic!!) the car was arriving at 12.15 it added a lot of stress.
The rooms were quite expensive, bridal suite is luxurious so can maybe justify but think the room opposite was overpriced. Beautiful place though

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 31 October 2013

what a gem this hotel is, warm welcome , the room no.6 bridal suite was fantastic. The staff were brilliant, friendly and helpful, the owners who provided coffee in their beautiful walled garden for us on the afternoon were lovely and informative. we stayed for our 25th wedding anniversary and loved it, the breakfast is to die for, we will look forward to returning in the future and would recommend Kegworth House to anyone

Room Tip: for sheer indulgence pay a little extra for the Bridal Suite
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here as I was in the area for business.

There is no doubt that this is a very beautiful building with superbly decorated ground floor rooms.

I was allocated Room 10 at the top of the second floor. It is a large room which has one side onto the road, and the other onto the car park. It too is very tastefully decorated, but it has a highly perfumed smell when I entered (not sure if this was pot pourri or room fragrance) but I did find this a bit overwhelming.

There was not a lot of pressure from the shower, which I can appreciate, as the room is at the top of the building. However when I went to use the shower, I found myself sharing it with a daddy long legs (not sure if it was alive or not), then when I got out, found a dead fly on the floor. There were also a couple of dead flies round the Velux windows, and the back of the toilet near the seat looked like it needed a good scrub. The toilet handle was loose when I got there, and eventually came off in my hand. This was duly fixed but was still a bit loose.

My favourite part was the breakfast round the large table. Lots of lovely things to choose from and my porridge was delicious.

Now I appreciate the location is close to East Midlands Airport but unfortunately I did have a very distrupted sleep with the planes going over head, and was then woken again in the early hours of the morning.

Oveall a lovely building, with great breakfasts but perhaps you need to book a room on the lower floors to avoid aircraft noise and cleaning standards just need checking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel is quiet in the evening, with no bar or evening meals, just B&B. It feels like the family-run, homely business it is, in a lovely Victorian red brick, former doctor's house. The garden room, on the ground floor, has a 'secret door' of its own into the garden, which is very nice - but on a wet evening, only to look at wistfully through the window! The room was not large, but large enough, with a very comfortable bed, small, flat screen TV and very well-appointed, well-plumbed bathroom (just lacking a little pressure in the shower). The breakfast has all guests around a large, rectangular table, which is great for conversation, not so much for privacy if that's what you want in the morning. I met and talked with someone really interesting, so it was OK by me. Best of all, the food and attention to detail are first-class: great bouquet of roses and other flowers at the centre of the table; beautiful bowl of fresh fruit salad, Greek yoghurt, good coffee, home-made and other high quality preserves and, to order, almost too much smoked salmon and scrambled egg made fresh by the chef and sub-manager in the adjoining kitchen. Not bad value at £86 per night!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I needed to stay close to the airport and couldn't face a large chain hotel so checked out trip advisor and saw the wonderful reviews received by Kegworth House. From the minute you walk through the front door the staff could not do enough for you. Spotlessly clean with interesting individual touches and fresh flowers in the room. Breakfast selection was first class. The only downside is the lack of a meal in the evening but that would not stop me from staying next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel

Been to Kegworth House? Share your experiences!