“Refreshingly different to usual chain hotels” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kegworth House

Kegworth House
Ranked #1 of 3 Kegworth B&B and Inns
“Refreshingly different to usual chain hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here very recently after a last minute booking to find a hotel in the area.

This is such a delightful place and far better than the chain hotels near by.

The welcome was warm and friendly. Very helpful.

My room was truly lovely and well appointed with all you would need. Amazing view into the walled garden, which was delightful.

I thought the breakfast 'farmhouse' style was great and especially when you're a line traveller was nice to chat with similar lone travellers.

Breakfast was super with a huge array to choose from and tailored to what you wanted.

Highly recommend especially over chain hotels close by.

A-rated service and 5* accommodation. Will definitely book if staying in the area again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The welcome was warm the rooms unique. A lovely old building with character and style. We had a mix up with the booking where we were a 2 rooms short for one night, but the way the owners handled the problem is why I can not fault this guest house, everything was sorted with alternative accommodation in the town and we were not left out of pocket.
The breakfast is like sitting in a farmhouse kitchen where all guests sit around the same large table and you can pretty much have whatever you want, cooked right next to you.

If I am ever in the area I will be looking to stay here before anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel. Small and comfortable. Lovely greeting when we arrived, and a quick response to an email enquiry before our stay. We had one of the junior suites, nice room. Some noise from the traffic - but we are used to a very quite neighbourhood. Some noise from overhead planes going into land at the airport, but not really a problem. The hotel has an arrangement with the hotel around the corner so that we were able to use their gym, pool and spa facilities. We arrived at Keyworth House late morning before check in time - collected a key and then went to the spa for the afternoon - very relaxing sitting in the pool area. We also had use of this facility after we checked out and so spent the next day relaxing - the pool and spa were great. Breakfast was very good, excellent service and all freshly cooked - could not fault the service. The hotel does not offer evening meals, but there was a list of local restaurants - plenty to choose from. Unfortunately many of the restaurants we tried were fully booked and so it is probably worth making a reservation before going to the hotel. We ended up going to The Cottage in Keyworth, a rather average experience. Overall a very good stay in a hotel with real character, excellent service and lovely food, I would recommend a stay here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mickmickmick
lakeland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely small hotel, each of the rooms are decorated individually and thoughtfully, and were very clean, though not all have a bath. Nice touches included towelling dressing gowns, plenty of toiletries, and very yummy border biscuits.
The breakfast was plentiful and varied, with cooked breakfasts cooked to order. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were very warm, and quite noisy with aircraft noise at night.
Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank cannygirl
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I hardly ever give 5 stars, 4 is my normal for excellent, but this has to be 5. Friendy, really clean, wonderful decor, fabulous breakfast cooked in front of you, a swimming pool 200 m down the road to use and a real ale pub with 7 different beers 100 m in the other direction ! Shame that I have only just stumbled across this after all my trips to this part of the world.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Nice little place off a not so busy road (about 5 cars every 2 minutes).

Friendly place, got there early evening back in September 2013 the young adults said give us your order for breakfast as it is done fresh. so once in the room over looking the main road, my wife wrote it out and that was it!.

We went out in the evening and there is a security gate cool! when I got out the car to press the number a big gate was coming back help! I got back in my car and managed to get into reverse before the gate hit my car wow that was fun!

But enjoyed it! in a nice way.

Room with on en suite well I think more work can be done on that room as the on suit does not go straight up looks a little strange if your looking from my point of view.

We noticed planes coming over every 2 minutes late in the evening I must say 1 sounded like it was coming straight for us! but again did not bother me as when your asleep! your away anyway!.

In the morning the French chef with a young lady helper said 2 English breakfast !No we asked for smoked salmon with scrambled eggs! like to know where our sheet with our items went!.

Nice little breakfast room you all seat on 1 large table (being back at school!).
But it was a large table.

Opposite shelf was packed with plates and tea pots very decorative.

we were there 2 nights and was not far from the very small town and a nice bread shop opposite if your still hungry!

Nice place.

Room Tip: If you want a gym the guest house I think said it will be free and you can go down the road., I was...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kent, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here for one night on business, & had high expectations based on reviews on here. I was not disappointed!
I parked in the ample secure car park and was warmly greeted. I was shown to my room (room 1 I think). The room was warm and very obviously clean. There was tea / coffee making facilities and the wifi worked!
The owners pointed me in the right direction for eating and recommended local pubs. The recommendations were spot on.
the bed was comfortable and a good nights sleep was followed by a freshly cooked breakfast! (Chain hotels take note!).
The service by everyone at Kegworth house was friendly without being OTT.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 1 :) - large comfortable room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 8 in Castle Donington
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#5 of 8 in Castle Donington

Been to Kegworth House? Share your experiences!