“Not as good as first time”
Review of Kelstedge Inn

Kelstedge Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelstedge
Kelstedge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Kelstedge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Stumbled on this place first time and had an amazing meal. So was really looking forward to a return visit. Starters were amazing again- the cheese trio and bruschetta- wow! But what a disappointment the mains were. The lamb casserole was dry and the steak pie the meat was really chewy and tough. Hope this was a one off because that aside this place is brilliant

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank elgregg0

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My boyfriend brought me for a meal here. I called ahead to let them know I was vegan and as soon as we arrived, the chef came out and spoke to me and began telling me about all the different meals they could make for me and would ensure they were definitely vegan friendly.

I had an aubergine vegetable bake with fociacca bread and olives, and it was amazing! It was all cooked perfectly and so full of flavour! I've been to so many places who throw a couple of ingredients together and I end up paying through the nose for a bland and boring meal, but this was fantastic!

My boyfriend had Surf and Turf and he said it was lovely. The service is so brilliant here. The owner spotted us playing with our phones and came over immediately and gave us the Wifi password!

We will definitely come here again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our son and his partner came on a regular visit and as usual he asked could we eat at the Kelstedge. [We live fairly close to the Kelstedge] Of course we said yes. We have been dining at the Kelstedge for a number of years and the standard of their food is second to none. The menu is extensive and they also have a specials board . On my last visit I had mussels and chips, mouth-wateringly good. We plan to visit again for my birthday in September, I am looking forward to another appetising meal, and so is our son and his partner

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

we had ameal here they had no childrens menu but they did burger and chips smaller portion I had morocan lamb the food and hospitality was great we need more family friendly inn like this one well done all staff we will have a meal again thank you pat bev

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We have visited here twice now as enjoyed out first experience so much. In between times they had changed the specials menu - for the better.
Drinks are well priced and food is very reasonable to say it is so fresh and home cooked.
Service was slower the second visit but we had been warned before ordering because it was so busy - we didn't mind and it was worth the wait.
Excellent place to visit and will be returning again shortly, despite it being quite a drive for us.
Only downside is we can never get in the car park!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank LucyinDerbyshire
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Tried this pub as I had it recommended to me,I was very impressed!My husband and myself both had sirloin streak which was cooked just as we had both asked.The food arrived on what I can only describe as a small chopping board,which had homemade onion rings,tomato and a very large fried mushroom,and the best bit to me was the homemade chips which arrived in a mini chip pan basket,which I thought was quite novel and different.The service was excellent,by both the bar staff and girls who dealt with us and extremely friendly,you were made to feel as if we had know them for years.I also had a sweet which was news York Lemon cheesecake and it had to be the best I had ever tried,it was absolutely divine.We had a starter each ,a main and one sweet with two gin and tonics and two half's of cider ,the overall bill was £52.00.In my opinion wasn't bad at all especially as the food was homemade ,presented exceptionally well and had excellent service,not your usual pub grub!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

First time visiting. As its a pub I thought it would be pub grub. But when my food came out, rump steak. I was impressed. Good presentation. The food was brilliant. Although the service was slow. There was only me and my friend and another couple. When i had finished my drink I didn't get offered by the waitress if id like another one. I had to get up half way through my meal and order some more at the bar. The value for money was reasonable. I was impressed and will be defiantly returning!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Been to Kelstedge Inn? Share your experiences!