Kelstedge Inn
Peak Edge Hotel(Stonedge)
US$160
Premier Inn Matlock(Matlock)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
US$115
US$101
Agoda.com
The Portland Hotel(Chesterfield)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Restaurant
US$210
Orbitz.com
All reviewsthe pubroast dinnerample portionssunday menuhome madebirthday mealpiebe visiting againciderafters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Firstly I have rated service a 5 for one reason only and that is based on the Asian girl who waited on us she was absolutely lovely very friendly and polite! ...... I've visited the kelstedge a few times in 2013 and it has always been really good food, friendly and helpful staff and a lovely homey atmosphere. However I came with my partner on the 17th of May and as soon as we walked through the door the woman who runs the pub had such a sour face! No hello, no intention to make us feel welcomed whatsoever! We ordered our drinks and Sat down. I had steak and my partner had a beef dinner... The food arrived and definitely was nothing compared to what it used to be.. Steak was chewy and fatty with a side of about 6 chips and green salad which looked asif it had just been thrown on the plate! The beef dinner was one of the worst dinners we have ever had, roast potatoes must've been aunt bessies, the vegetables were either tinned or out of a frozen packet, the meat was so thick and chewy it also doubted our minds if it was actually fresh or just out of a ready made meal! Yorkshire puddings were ok but the best bit had got to be the glass of wine and that's only because it wasnt their own. Straight away my partner and myself agreed we wouldn't be coming back and will happily find somewhere else to eat that does food worth it's price from now on! Although this is based on one occasion and this time last year I would've rated the kelstedge a 5 on all categories, I still advise people to carry on either wat towards chesterfield or matlock as there is a variety of lovely places to dine with lovely people greeting you!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank lilytj92
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We love it here!! Have been on many occasions and recommended to family and friends who have also not been disappointed. However, I think the prices have crept up slightly so we might not be so inclined to have an impromptu lunch or evening meal now which is a huge shame. The service is always spot on and nothing is too much trouble. The food is always great and hot and good portion sizes. Maybe they're right to increase prices then?! We will return soon though......

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were looking for somewhere new to go for lunch, we have passed this place for many years on the way from Chesterfield to Matlock, and decided to go in and give it a try. Very pleased we did, the young lady behind the bar was excellent, very courteous and helpful, the food was reasonably priced, - we didn't spot the specials board until after we had ordered, but there were plenty of good choices on the menu, and we were very happy with our food when it came. There was a little wait, but that was because several tables all filled at about the same time, it's not a big place and only one lady in the kitchen when we were there.
We enjoyed our lunch, and I'm sure we will be calling in again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Stumbled on this place first time and had an amazing meal. So was really looking forward to a return visit. Starters were amazing again- the cheese trio and bruschetta- wow! But what a disappointment the mains were. The lamb casserole was dry and the steak pie the meat was really chewy and tough. Hope this was a one off because that aside this place is brilliant

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank elgregg0
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My boyfriend brought me for a meal here. I called ahead to let them know I was vegan and as soon as we arrived, the chef came out and spoke to me and began telling me about all the different meals they could make for me and would ensure they were definitely vegan friendly.

I had an aubergine vegetable bake with fociacca bread and olives, and it was amazing! It was all cooked perfectly and so full of flavour! I've been to so many places who throw a couple of ingredients together and I end up paying through the nose for a bland and boring meal, but this was fantastic!

My boyfriend had Surf and Turf and he said it was lovely. The service is so brilliant here. The owner spotted us playing with our phones and came over immediately and gave us the Wifi password!

We will definitely come here again!

• Stayed: October 2012