3 ex-work colleagues met up in Tonge nearby to do some catching up.
The friend who lives in Tonge wasn't sure where to take us for lunch. But Harpours was open so we decided to give it a go.
A good choice and although they stop serving lunch at 2.30 and it was nearly that time, lunch for 3 was no problem.
We had main courses of 2 pasta dishes and haddock fish cakes - all were lovely. Staff were asked if they could change the menu to exclude the ciabattas with the pasta, one for a salad and one for vegetables. This was done without any problem.
The bill with drinks and coffee came to around £16 each.
The dining area wasn't busy but I imagine in the evening it has a real buzz.
For those who need to know - disabled access was fine, access to the smart toilets (ladies) was without steps and had an automatic lighting system. I can't tell you about the gents!
Decor is very smart and the staff are lovely and very attentive without being intrusive.
We sat on for some time with our coffees and there was no rush to get rid of us.
A lovely relaxed lunch catching up with old friends.
I'd certainly go back - and wont leave visiting Melbourne for so long next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harpur's of Melbourne is situated in the heart of Melbourne in South Derbyshire close to East Midlands, Donington Park and the M1, M6, M42 network. The warm welcome from our staff will ensure your experience will be one to remember. If you are looking for accommodation our rooms are modern, warm with a decor that will make your stay feel like a special occasion. See rooms for further details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Harpur's of Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harpur`s Of Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Harpur's Of Melbourne Derbyshire