“Absolute perfection”

and 1 more site!
Dannah Farm Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Shottle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed here on the 19.01.2014 as a quiet getaway for me and my partner.
From the moment i arrived ( and stupidly couldnt find my way in, joan rescued me) to the moment i left i was amazed by the whole experience.
I had booked online for the studio hide away but made an error and upon contacting Joan she offered to upgrade me to the granary suite as my first choice was already booked. FANTASTIC SERVICE.
When you walk into the suite its stunning and blows you away and the hot tub is amazing on a cold night!!
would definatly return! asap!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah h

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Cant wait to go back to this place, everything was marvellous! Two nights staying in the granary and a day in the spa! Everything was really superb! it was January but we were in both jacuzzis each night and I assure you we did not find it cold.

Room Tip: I do not think there is anything other than a good room here they are all beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013

brill..from the minute we arrived to the minute we left..stayed in the hideaway.very clean and cosy.hot tub clean.breakfast very very nice.if you want a quiet weekend away it gets no better than this place..we will be returning in the near future..mr mrs hancock..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

arrived early and greeted by tea and cake, the room (ecclesbourne )was lovely, huge bed, dressing room and fab bathroom , corner jacuzzi bath and a small bijou sauna in it also fantastic large head shower as well ,
the whole place is set up to relax, an honesty bar well stocked, breakfasts that were as good as it gets but the real treat was the spa (champagne and hot tub , match made in heaven ) . we had a supper platter served there as well which was top notch and to be honest we could't finish it but we tried ever so hard !
highest quality service looks effortless but you know its not , well done to all the staff and owners and we'll be back .
ps try one of the walks the countryside was beautiful
pps ate in le mistral at wirksworth great time and recommended

Room Tip: all look great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank couplenw
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at Dannah Farm for 2 nights from 24th November to relax after our wedding. What an amazing place, we stayed in the Granary Suite which is fabulous, especially the private hot tub. If your looking for pubs and things to do in walking distance this is the wrong accommodation for you. It is just a total chill out place to chill out, we ate in our suite, the platters are amazing, fresh local produce. This was the same with the breakfast, freshly cooked on order, the management were brilliant nothing was too much, they were very welcoming and courteous, cannot wait to visit again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leah C
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed at Dannah Farm in june 2012 and had an amazing time. We had a lovely suite and also made good use of the private spa for the day, which was a very special touch. The management was courteous and friendly and the overall ambience of the place was very special. I would also highly rate the breakfast, one of the best I have ever had.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and unique
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have to say when I arrived at Dannah I was a bit taken aback at the exterior. This was one of the most expensive places I have ever stayed but I did enjoy it. The room was huge but felt smaller give the clutter of furniture but that seemed part of its charm. Then there was a dressing room and an enormous bathroom. The bed was so comfortable, I just slept so well and the spa bath helped, I enjoyed the every night. I also really enjoyed sitting in the lounge by the fire, it was just so peaceful and even though it is a public space, it felt like a private home.

Not ideal in winter to have to walk outside to get to the dining room which is what we had to do. However, once there the food was excellent and the room was inviting. In summary, I'd return as it was so restful even if probably a bit on the expensive side.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Been to Dannah Farm Country House? Share your experiences!