“Amazing 5 star” 5 of 5 bubbles

The New Swan at Measham
Price range: US$2 - US$25
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Amazing 5 star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just had a lovely meal at the new swan @ measham, food was amazing, best steal ever, staff and atmosphere fantastic. My new favourite place to eat and drink. Well done to the team at the new swan inn.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NewSwanatMeasham, Owner at The New Swan at Measham, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I'm delighted to hear we ticked all the boxes! Thanks for taking time to let us know.
Cheers, Ian

Thatcham, United Kingdom
“No Chance of Going Hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

A meal out in Measham has limited options for a group of 8. Food was fantastic for young and old, all home cooked and the portions were huge! Home made chips to die for, washed down with proper beer! Good price too. Well worth it!

Visited July 2014
NewSwanatMeasham, Owner at The New Swan at Measham, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
A man after my own heart, Julian! Proper beer and food certainly makes me happy too. Many thanks for validating what we are trying to do at The New Swan. See you soon,
Ian
Measham, United Kingdom
“The jewel of Measham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

So delighted to have a local pub with a fantastic atmosphere, and great food! We have had pleasant Sunday afternoon pints while the children bounce on the trampoline, and the dog is equally welcomed and given a treat, and have also enjoyed several meals on different days throughout the week. The staff are always amazing (especially Barb!) and we just feel so grateful that we have this fabulous pub in our village.
Tonight we took my two daughters and their friend for tea. Superb pizza for the teenager, generous kids meals for the younger two ( and a meal deal too! Kids eat free before 6.30pm on a weekday), and I had the most fantastic seafood platter. Sea bass on a haddock/ prawn fish cake, with garlic king prawns and a dipping sauce. Absolutely delicious.
Highly recommended.

1 Thank Nikki_Walters
Many thanks for your kind words and taking the time to review our pub, Nikki. We are delighted that you and your family (and pets!) are enjoying what we can offer Measham and its surrounding area and look forward to your next visit.
Cheers, Ian.
ps and yes, Barb is fab!
Derby, United Kingdom
“Unexpected Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Without a doubt the best quality pub food I have ever had - I have Steak when I eat out because my wife is vegetarian .... which pretty much makes me a vegetarian ..... So to make sure that I enjoy my steak I have trained myself to enjoy medium/well - that way if it comes well done I still enjoy it, and similarly if it's not quite medium, I'm still cool with it - well, it was bang on medium/well - the hand cut chunky chips, were exactly that and not anorexic oven chips, the onion rings were BIG and didn't taste of old fat that were indigestible .... it was carnivore heaven - Ceri enjoyed a veggie fajita, but missed the specials which she would have chosen something off if she'd spotted it (draw attention to that a bit more new swan staff) - But if all of this wasn't enough on its own - make sure when you go then somebody is designated driver because they have got a bar that you want to drink dry - several real ales (full metal jacket so don't expect to sip a session bitter), some interesting left hand drive lagerbiers and ..... Cider! Just as a teaser there was a 7.2% still on draught .... I shall say no more - If you died right now and the pearly gates opened, Peter would welcome you into the kingdom of heaven with your first pint from the new swan bar .... Mary would then appear with the menu, reminding you to look at the specials board before you order ...... ad infinitum.

1 Thank Billycustard
NewSwanatMeasham, Owner at The New Swan at Measham, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for taking time to compose such a positive and comprehensive critique on our FB page as well. It is truly refreshing to hear that what we are trying to do is appreciated. We usually do have a low-gravity beer on sale so even 'Des' can enjoy a taste of the real stuff but agree they should probably stay off the trad cider! We have noted your comments about the vegetarian blackboard. Many thanks again and we hope that you'll have many years of enjoyment at the New Swan ahead before you get to recommend us to St. Peter!
Cheers, Ian
Measham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

After a recommendation from a neighbour we decided to try out the New Swann at Measham for lunch today. All 4 of us had something different from the excellent menu and there was not a scrap left. Everywhere has been very tastefully decorated and had a lovely atmosphere. The menu catered for all tastes including a good vegetarian selection. The prices were very competitive and the drinks were served well and did not cost a fortune. There is a good car park and an outside area currently being refurbished. Noted that there is a big screen TV, looking at previous reviews I assume this is a recent addition. Probably the only issue not welcomed by us. Hopefully it will not be in use too often. We will definitely be returning for more.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
It was lovely to meet you all, Kathy, and we're glad you enjoyed your meals. Please rest assured the TV is for special occasions and will not be on unnecessarily. Many thanks, Ian