Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Belle S
London, United Kingdom
“Disgraceful, unacceptable behaviour for double booking last night and no refund offered”
Reviewed 12 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Exceptional views and a spotless cottage could not compensate for the unacceptable behaviour of the owner. Out of courtesy I informed him that we would be leaving on Friday 11th August not Saturday 12th as per the booking. He asked me what time we expected to leave, as he had new guests booked in. I replied that I had paid for that night. He offered no refund just wanted confirmation of the time we would leave so the cleaner could have access to the cottage. We did indeed depart on the Friday at 11 0 clock. I had no wish to remain under these circumstances. But what would have happened if I had changed my mind and decided to stay that extra night for which I had paid?
Also on arrival, there was a 'supposed' welcome note, which was anything but. Please help yourself to anything etc but replace any items used. How can you replace 3 dishwasher tablets, 5 teabags and a few spoonfuls of sugar?
The 'welcome' pack consisted of three small packets of biscuits and a pint of milk.
I have travelled extensively both in England and abroad and have never encountered such mean spirited behaviour. If I had booked through Airbnb or HomeAway, as per my normal procedure, I am sure the double booking would never have happened.
Over the past 2 years, I have stayed in Winster 3 times, once at The Spook and twice at Jasmine Cottage both exceptionally charming and welcoming places, however this experience at Rock Cottage has tainted my latest visit to Winster, which is a great pity.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Winster hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing