“salty pizza”

Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Wirksworth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

we had two take away pizzas, the topping was so salty and it could be improved is not bad but is not good either for the price i could not complaint.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my family all went to The Red Lion for pizza on my birthday. The pizza's are divine and very tasty! We all enjoyed our food. Lovely pub great atmosphere and the staff are brilliant. Will most definitely be returning!!!!

2  Thank Georgia H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Delicious pizza. Thin crust, fresh real food toppings and adjusted in any way you want. We were a large group and the service was good for us.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Went as a family group. Most of the party chose from the pizza menu which were lovely and freshly cooked. 3 of us chose from the normal menu and 2 of us the daily special. I had said when booking and ordering that I had a food allergy which obviously got lost between the order and kitchen. They did change it, but at the cost of waiting until everyone else had finished their food. Then to add insult to injury, I found a wire in the food. This was examined minutely by the owner who announced that it had come from the metal scouring pads. No apology. When I suggested that perhaps I should not pay for my main course, I was told " well you ate it didn't you" I didn't want to cause a big fuss so paid up and left. I could not believe the carelessness and couldn't care less attitude of the owner. I will not be going back and will certainly tell others in the small town to avoid it if possible.

1  Thank jazzyc43
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went twice, the first time very good, the second time impossibly slow service and poor food.
Worth trying, but go with an open mind.
lovely setting, and new pizza oven installed though we didn't try it.

1  Thank valyouvisitor