“just great!”
Review of Scrumptious Tea Room - CLOSED

Scrumptious Tea Room
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We provide food for eveyone.... Vegan, dairy free, gluten free etc. You can come here knowing we can feed you. We provide a light meal menu with all homemade local products. You could come in and just dive into a chocolate brownie sundae? Or a waffle with cherries and melted chocolate. Or the healthy options are falafels, soup or our quorn chilli on nachos. You can book our room for private parties at night, ring for more information. We now have tapas nights Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays amazing home made authentic spanish food.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Imagine walking in to a Willy Wonka set and then stuffing yourself with a warm freshly basked scone, clotted cream & homemade jam.

Then you pour yourself a cup of tea straight out of the 1940s or your grannies front room complete with strainer, china cups and lacy mat thingies that have beads on them?

Finish this wonderful experience with a shop purchase of a bonkers bag of sweets and the successful transition from sad old grumpy bloke becomes a 15 year old kid who loved Count Dracula ice lollies and Jublees.

Wirksworth is an odd place, I'm sure you would agree if you happened to be there from another land, far away. I'm not sure how to describe it except it doesn't feel like its part of nowadays? If you happen across this cafe before troubling Wirksworth further, you will never know what the rest is like.

There are newer reviews for Scrumptious Tea Room

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We sat in the den - watch out for the cuckoo clock surprise above your head. This is a lovely relaxed place yo eat for families- a treasure trove of old fashioned sweets and fantastic priced menu. We had the felafel which was Delicious followed by locally made great quality ice cream.

Worth exploring the town too

1  Thank pixiebunny
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had been meaning to attend the "pop up" restaurant for some time now.As it's title suggests, this excellent tea room metamorphoses into a full blown restaurant every Friday evening, apart from the first in the month. I say "tea room"; the title does not do it justice as it offers a wide range of dishes,almost exclusively during the day which could quite easily be classed as "meals", rather than mere snacks. I know some people may be put off by the fact, that it is, as I've already said,mainly vegetarian. Worry not-the food is nothing short of outstanding.. my wife opted for the pate;I chose the roquefort and fig brulee, the pungency of the classic blue cheese contrasting beautifully with the sweetness of the roasted figs, ground to a crunchy topping,like the classic French dessert with which it shares it's name. Both of us chose the "Friday fish" course, salmon on croute: salmon and Mediterranian vegetables encased in crispy puff pastry, again superb! The restaurant isn't licensed, but there 2 stores two minutes away, so that doesn't become a problem.We were both too full eat dessert, as the main courses were massive! will we be back again?Most definitely yes!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

What an absolute gem of a find this was. The quality and variety of the menu was excellent (fish & vegetarian). I had an incredibly inventive savoury brûlée starter which was simply delicious. The setting was cute and inviting. The service was efficient and friendly. The small team of kitchen staff seemed especially dedicated to high standards and freshness, so make sure you allow enough time to take in the experience. I would certainly recommend it. Fridays only. BYOB.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Called in here today as I was on a trip on the railway. Wanted a coffee but had to choose from quite a few places. I decided to go into this one as the window said this place is different. It sure is, I love the decorations, Light chandeliers which have all odd items hanging from them. Mock grass carpets, too much to say here. Looks a lovely clean place, so had sandwiches and Coffee. Not cheap but affordable and the bread was fresh and contents tasty. I'll be back, even if just to try the choc ice cream in dogs bowl!!!!. Strange!! Love it

1  Thank DerbyPhilip