“North Norfolk at its best”
other travellers have booked this property
Pomfrets Cottage in the small hamlet of Burnham Overy Town with beautiful views over the fields
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
KamayoqUK
Paris, France
“North Norfolk at its best”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in July 2018

The beautiful and well-appointed cottage, in the lee of the main house, is in a lovely setting overlooking a meadow, horses and windmill. Having access to the main garden was also a delight all the way to the River Burn. One of the nicest beaches on the North Norfolk coast, beyond Burnham Overy Staithe, is just 2.5 miles walk from the cottage and the delightful gastropub, The Nelson, and the village shop are only 10 mins walk down the road. The cottage, on the hourly 36 bus route, is well-located not just for the Burnhams, Nelson’s birthplace and Holkham Hall, but also Brancaster, Bleakney, the Broads and more. We really enjoyed our stay, including our little dog. Thank you.

Mossdeepi...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Quiet and comfortable cottage in the best part of North Norfolk”
Reviewed 31 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

A lovely cottage that has all the amenities - full kitchen, outside space and comfortable beds - in a quiet rural location but within easy reach of the beaches at Wells, Holkham, Brancaster, and shopping in nearby Burnham Market and Deepdale, breakfast, lunches and suppers at dog-friendly Thornham Deli, Creake Barns and Eric’s fish and chips.
Our son loved the downstairs bedroom and we loved the upstairs space with views across the fields. We had a small dog with us and so the courtyard was a great space for us, we brought a long lead so that he was secure.
We didn’t use the owners’ garden so as not to intrude on their privacy, but it was kindly offered.
Other thoughtful touches were the umbrella, and supply of kitchen essentials including teabags and condiments, tea towels, foil and bin bags.
Evenings in the sitting room looking out over the fields, sea mist meant chilly outdoors but the central heating kept us cosy inside. A lovely stay, and highly recommended.

15 Jul 2018
Many thanks for your lovely review - only just spotted it as have been away. Hope to see you again in the future.

HarrietGr...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Cosy Cottage with beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 3 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My husband and I stayed at Pomfrets cottage with our 2 kids and dog. We really enjoyed our stay here. Promfrets is clean and cosy a it’s location is great with lovely views of wildlife. There are lovely walks near by and it’s a good walking distance to Burnham Market.

Karen was really accommodating in that she let us arrive early and check out late, which was really helpful when you have 2 kids and a dog to pack up!

The main bed is really comfy and has a good shower and a well equipped kitchen. There is an enclosed courtyard out the front of the cottage which is great if you are bringing a dog.

Only down points would be that the cottage is advertised as suitable for under 5’s but there is no high chair which would have been really handy as we don’t have a travel high chair (or room in the car to pack one) so had to go without. (There is a travel cot). Also it would have been nice to have some basic suplies on arrival such as tea/coffee, and milk as this is what we’ve been used to with previous stays. Just minor points though as this is a great little cottage and would definitely recommend for a relaxing, quiet, family break.

15 Jul 2018
Dear Harriet,
Apologies for the delay in responding to your review - I have been away a lot over the last few months and didn't realise until now that you had written one. In future I must check the reviews more often! Many thanks for your lovely comments - in future I will make sure that I check with families whether or not they require a high chair and will get one next time it's required. Regarding tea and coffee - I usually do leave a supply of tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper etc. so will ensure that my cleaner checks the cupboards carefully. If you had asked me I would gladly have supplied these items. I will make sure to ask people in future.

Regards,

Karen.
Dean L
“The perfect retreat”
Reviewed 27 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Pomfrets Cottage is set in a great location just on the edge of Burnham Market.
The cottage is to a high standard with lovely views to the rear over open country side where you can watch the bats and owls in the evening.

6 Aug 2017
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Pomfrets Cottage and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Liz Ọ
“Beautiful Fathers Day Retreat!”
Reviewed 12 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I booked this cottage at the very last minute and the owner was a joy from the moment I first contacted her!

I planned the surprise as a weekend away for Fathers Day for my husband. It really was a wonderful place to stay!! I took my two boys who are five and two years old and my nephew who is 16 and they absolutely loved the place too!! They especially loved the horses in the field at the back of the cottage. It was a scorching weekend with temperatures hitting 30 degrees but thank goodness the cottage is very cool downstairs so the boys were fine through the night. However, upstairs was uncomfortably hot.

Everything else was great and Burnham Market is a beautiful town! We went to Hunstanton Beach on the first day before driving to the cottage for our first night. We then went to Well-Next-The-Sea on the second day which was Fathers Day. An amazing weekend of beautiful Norfolk countryside and beaches!! The cottage is perfectly placed for this.

Thanks again for a great stay Karen xx :)

23 Jul 2017
Dear Liz,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am so glad that you and your family had such a wonderful stay. Maybe I should invest in a fan for the upstairs just in case we get more of that very hot weather.

I do hope to see you here at Pomfrets again in the future.

Anna A
“The ultimate cosy cottage”
Reviewed 8 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Comfortable in every way the highlight of this cottage is a lovely upstairs sitting room in which we spent happy evenings watching the barn owl hunt in the open field. The owners are helpful, everything works and the location is excellent.

23 Jul 2017
Dear Anna,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Pomfrets Cottage - we hope to see you here again in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

7 Jun 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave a Review on Pomfrets Cottage and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the lovely views.
Karen
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing