“Becareful check your bill!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Nelson

The Nelson
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maldon, United Kingdom
“Becareful check your bill!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was my first visit to this establishment. I was there with my two friends our food arrived and theirs was Ok, I choose lasagne and one end was inedible. The waitress asked if everything was OK and I pointed this out to her and she said she would see to it, nothing!!! On getting our bill the I almost choked on the cost over £92 for three. On checking it I could see two extra main meals and extra drinks. When I pointed it out the waitress stated that she would have noticed it after we had left!!!!! How would that have helped I ask myself!!!!! They called the Manageress and she said whilst they admitted the mistake there was no recompense she could do.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

nothing special .. overpriced food and drink for a run of the mill bar ... had lunch on day this week and was not very impressed ... almost the same prices as The Hoste so would rather eat there instead.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank sapota
NOTTINGHAM
“PENSIONERS DELIGHT( pensioners special £8.50 June 2014 )”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Whilst we were cycling in Burnham Market in June ( 2014 ) We found the Nelson pub. What a find in Burnham Market Norfolk. Just a stones throw from the main street, walk down Front street to Creake Road ( no more than 200 yards from the Hoste Arms ) you will find the Nelson opposite the church where Nelson's father was a preacher. You can sit in the very nice garden with nice seats and tables plus lovely plants and very tidy , if you are travelling by car a large car park is available. Large specials board inside the bar but we opted for the pensioners special ( £8.50 two courses ) . Either starter plus main or main plus desert. I had starter garlic mushrooms on toast then scampi chips and peas and salad, all very hot and nicely presented. My wife had prawn dips with salad starter and then beautiful ham egg and chips very good portions for the price. The desert selection was also good. Next time I go I will have the beef stir fry which I saw another customer with and he said it was delicious ( main menu ) This review is based on the basis of the pensioners special but I am sure the whole menu would be exciting to try. very good value for what we had plus excellent service . Thanks to the two ladies in the bar who I told I would mention them on Trip Advisor.

1 Thank EREWASHBOWLER
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the Label”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Good food and friendly Staff. Good specials board, but limited menu . However well priced and well presented food

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrCool1953
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Nice casual pub with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had two evening meals here and a few drinks both nights, staying in village. Very welcoming and the food was very nice. Well presented and not too much. Friendly atmosphere and restaurant was pleasant.

1 Thank NJC30