I have been visiting The Hoste for over fifteen years now. On the whole I have always had pleasant stays. It does feel slightly more corporate/commercialised now but that is to be expected with the success they have achieved over the years.
I love Burnham Market and the North Norfolk area/coastline. The area does attract some chinless wonders but they're harmless enough. I love the fact that everywhere is dog friendly. I find it amusing that some people have complained about the Hoste allowing dogs there. They promote the hotel on that basis and it is widely advertised on their website and literature.
I have stayed in all the different category rooms apart from the Vine House (not dog friendly). I have not experienced a poor standard from Devine room to standard double.
Food and service is generally good. Breakfast always seems to be of a good standard but I have had some below average lunches and evening meals.
Brendan Hopkins introduced himself to me on our last visit while I was waiting for my girlfriend to get ready. He was very pleasant and spoke of his committment and love for the Hoste. I'm sure he will carry on the high standard that the Whittomes had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hoste is a luxury boutique hotel located in Burnham Market, North Norfolk. It offers guests sixty two bedrooms, two acclaimed restaurants and Beauty Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Hoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoste Arms Hotel Burnham Market
- The Hoste Burnham Market, Norfolk