“Room was luxury but not 10/10”
Review of The Hoste

and 1 more site!
The Hoste
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burnham Market
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here because a family member had their wedding reception here. The reception was fantastic, the food was great the staff very friendly & attentive. Our room was also tip top. I wanted to give the score as 10/10 but am unable to due to a few mishaps . My sons bed wasn't made up on arrival but they did rectify straight away. There were hairs in the bath which is a definitely a no no. The coffee was miles to strong.
The breakfast was a disappointment the toast was stone cold & rubbery when it arrived, we had to ask several times for drinks.
We did have a great time & these few things didn't spoil our weekend.
Thanks

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank paulaconnor
There are newer reviews for The Hoste

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My Wife and I and 2 other family members are currently staying at 1 of the well appointed holiday cottages at the Hoste, as always the accommodation is excellent. All of the staff are very attentive. A phone call is always made to our home before arrival to ensure our booking is ok.We had an evening meal in the Hoste last night which was faultless with a good choice of menu. We shall certainly be returning again in the future.

Room Tip: All the accommodation is good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Six members of our family stayed in the wonderful Hoste a couple of weeks ago. The rooms are delightful, so full of character and very comfortable. The dining experience is wonderful. I can really recommend the Cromer crab. Also the taster menu, I shared it with my brother in law, it was my first taste of oysters terrific. The staff are friendly and helpful, all in all a great weekend.

Room Tip: Get one of the superior rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eva O
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I stopped in the Vine last Saturday evening, the room was beautiful, the bathroom was sumptious and we were thrilled, Great atmosphere in the bar but... the bar staff need some training when it comes to mixing cocktails. They had no idea what a Harvey Wallbanger wasand my Mojito was awful.
Evening meal and service was very good but what a shame about breakfast. Fruit juices ran out and were not replinished, the buffet breakfast was cold and had to be sent back, unfortunately my second breakfast was also cold and the buffet trays seemed to be constantly empty.
It is a shame that such a lovely place was let down by the breakfast service which seemed very shambolic. To the hotel's credit we did get a refund for our breakfast. We would definitely go back, but will opt for continental breakfast in our room next time.

Room Tip: Lovely room and bathroom Room 57 Vine House
2  Thank JuliaNorfolk
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A perfect retreat. Just what we needed. The Vine gave us peace and quiet in outstanding accommodation across the pretty green from The Hoste, where we enjoyed superb food and exemplary service from delightful staff. A return visit is a must!

Room Tip: Room 57 in The Vine is wonderful but so are all the others!
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the best in Norfolk. and the staff are fantastic especially Ellie on the bar and Polly they were superb . The surroundings are beautiful and I love the coffee its so worth the money. The rooms and loos are lovely but we need the Elvis music back

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nhr27
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My partner and I have greatly enjoyed staying at The Hoste on a number of occasions. However, sadly our love affair with this hotel has come to an end after our recent stay. The food was absolutely diabolical and the service was haphazard. The whole operation smells of commercial greed rather than a very intimate 4 star experience which we had previously enjoyed. Beware of Room 52 in the Vine house. It reeks of moth balls, there are stains all over the cushions and the carpet and if you're after relaxation forget it! the acoustics are atrocious, bathroom taps in the room upstairs made a racket. Interestingly, I emailed the Hoste to express my disappointment but they failed to email back. This place is a shocker and a total rip off. How sad to see such a great place go down the pan.

Room Tip: avoid room 52. Very noisy from upstairs bathroom.
17  Thank Caramanda
#2 of 2 in Titchwell
Caley Hall Hotel
Caley Hall Hotel
#1 of 4 in Hunstanton

Been to The Hoste? Share your experiences!