The Hoste Arms is in a beautiful location on the green in a truly remarkable village where Farrow and Ball colours reign supreme. White Range Rovers a plenty bedeck the green and there are more black labs and spaniels than you can shake a shooting stick at. Be prepared to pack your Boden and Jack Wills and tweed if it's cold. But don't worry there are plenty of fabulous clothes shops to visit in the village. The Hoste bar area is pleasant enough and probably once would have been quite fashionable however, don't look too closely at the rugs (sensibly nailed to the floor to prevent slips and court cases) they're absolutely filthy! I guess this is due to the heavy footfall. The bar area could do with a redecoration it looks a bit grimy overall. The room we stayed in was dog friendly, at the top of the hotel. This is a large room overlooking the green with a seating area. The room was beautifully decorated and dog friendly which was perfect! We booked for dinner. The food was ok but not great. The service throughout the stay was generally poor, we often got forgot about especially at breakfast ( you have to sit in a different room with a dog). And this was the common theme throughout the entire week. The young men were more interested in chatting to their friends or looking at themselves in the bar mirrors then offering good and attentive service. During the week, the room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and toiletries restocked. This was excellent. There was a good selection of teas and fresh coffee in the room and as the week came to an end I was sorry to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the centre of Burnham Market, The Hoste Luxury Boutique Hotel boasts a private 20-seat cinema room, a gym, a beauty spa, an award-winning restaurant, luxury bedrooms, and self-catering cottages over various locations within the historic village. Featuring free Wi-Fi and free private parking, this boutique resort is just 2 miles from Norfolk's sandy beaches. Offering a flat-screen TV with Sky channels and tea and coffee making facilities, the uniquely designed accommodation lies across 6 individual properties. The bathrooms feature luxurious toiletries. Many boast a free-standing bath, pretty terrace, or views over the village green. The Hoste's sophisticated restaurant serves a modern British menu. For a more informal dining experience, guests can eat in the conservatory, lounge, garden, or bar. Dishes are prepared using locally sourced, seasonal produce. Meals can be complemented with a drink from the extensive wine cellar. Located in the courtyard wing of the 17th century property, The Hoste Beauty Spa offers a range of specialist treatments and a hot tub. Burnham Market is surrounded by acclaimed nature reserves, picturesque villages, and historic market towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Hoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoste Arms Hotel Burnham Market
- The Hoste Burnham Market, Norfolk