1,629 results
All reviews the vine railway carriage the main hotel garden room cooked breakfast junior suite oysters dog friendly hotel crab afternoon tea lovely village north norfolk waiting staff birthday treat car park smoked salmon wine list
Reviewed 9 November 2018

My wife and I managed to sneak away from work commitments to spend a weekend in Norfolk, and were treated to amazing weather, but all compliments go to The Hoste management and staff.Such a warm reception on arrival, a gorgeous room with a sumptuous bed and food of the highest standard.We'll be back again I'm sure, and thank you.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Stayed here during half term. We were located in the Spa building - which was probably not the best place to be. The room smelt damp but in fairness, the girls on reception quickly produced a perfumed diffuser for us when we mentioned the problem, and we kept the windows open to let in fresh air. The bed was extremely comfortable so we slept well. The bathroom was rather old fashioned, with a shower head over the bath. Our sons were not so fortunate. Their bathroom had a bath but no shower! The bar was cosy and friendly and the food on the whole was great. The first night (in the restaurant) it went a bit wrong, but they more than made up for it afterwards. We preferred to eat in the more relaxed setting of the bar area for the rest of our stay. Breakfast was a smooth operation and gets a big thumbs up. The location is fanstastic. The village is filled with great shops and the surrounding area is stunning with lots to do. We hired bikes at Holkham Hall and spent a great day enjoying the estate and the local area. On the whole, we did enjoy our stay at The Hoste but felt it is just a little over-priced for what it delivers.

5  Thank SCMoves2013
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and loved it. The hotel is both stylish and cosy and Burnham Market picture perfect. We stayed in a ‘Divine’ room which was spacious and very comfortable. Our stay was The Hoste’s autumn offer - great value with breakfast and dinner included, plus a cream tea one day and a sample bottle of Norfolk sloe gin! Highly recommended

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Fabulous stay at The Hoste. Everything was of excellent quality; toiletries, food, drinks. Very comfortable and relaxing and excellent staff willing to do whatever they can to provide a great stay. Will definitely be returning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Came with my pregnant daughter in law for an overnight Sunday night stay with an afternoon in the spa . The girls in the spa lovely .. treatments professional and the lunch very nice ! We checked in our room which was also very nice ... bathroom exceptionally hot which made it a little unbearable to put our make-up on in the mirror . The shower water was also very hot and a little difficult to turn down. We enjoyed dinner ... just had one course as still full from lunch .. all going well .

The next morning probably around 7-7.30 am we had an inconsiderate guest loading his car outside reception with his car radio extremely loud .. engine running and boot and door open. The fire alarm then went off but there were no instructions .. saw no staff and then it just stopped after 5 minutes . But we were not prepared for what happened next. My poor daughter in law BURNT her wrist to blistering stage on the boiling hot towel rail in the bathroom ( which we decided which was making the bathroom unbearably hot ) THERE WERE NO WARNING SIGNS ON THE WALLS TO BEWARE OF HOT WATER OR HOT TOWEL RAILS like other hotels ???? We complained to reception who were VERY apologetic and found some burn gel sachets for my daughter in law .

I filled in the “ how did we do ?” card and expected a call from the manager .... nothing. I called and asked to speak to him on the Tuesday after holding 5- 10 minutes the receptionist came back to me and said to me he’s busy and will call me back .... I’m still waiting !!!

Now if a lady ( or gentleman ) burnt themselves in my establishment I would be straight on the telephone to enquire after their health and apologise profusely .. what about if a child had been burnt ?????

Disappointed is an understatement . Should never have happened. Spoiled the weekend !

Trip type: Travelled with family