“Fantastic”

Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Thornham
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We've just had a fantastic long weekend with our 3 dogs here. The staff were friendly, warm and very attentive towards us and the dogs. The food was fantastic and tasty. We will be back

Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I popped in for lunch on Bank Holiday Saturday. A friendly barman told me I could eat in either the bar area or the garden with the dog. I sat outside and had two delicious starters. A smoked mackerel fillet with various guides of beetroot and a pork, scallop and crab combo. Service was quick and presentation and flavour of the food was faultless.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Visited the orange tree this evening and had a superb meal. My wife has some dietary issues and the dealt with that without any problems at all. Great food. Great friendly service. Dog friendly if you eat in the bar too.

1  Thank ted g
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Poor food. Poor service and overpriced. My partner wanted to treat me to a nice lunch as he had had some great food and experiences here in the past. When we arrived an orderly queue was forming to order at the bar where there seemed hardly enough staff to cope. Glasses and empties were piled up all the way round the bar. We waited far too long for our food only to be told it was Bank Holiday .... what a surprise!! Shouldn’t there have been more stuff on then. We paid £18.95 for a large prawn cocktail and we failed to find a clam in the somewhat soggy linguine full of part cooked red onion! On the whole total disappointment and an expensive worse than average lunch. Total rubbish. Bar staff had total no care attitude. Probably knackered!
Avoid.

1  Thank Angie B
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Eating on a Sunday evening with a friend and very high hopes, having read the excellent reviews in the Kings Lynn magazine and following personal recommendations, I thought we were in for a treat.
To be fair, the starter was excellent - a modern take on prawn cocktail served with imagination and flair - but oh dear, the paella main was a sad travesty of what is possible and priced at £17.50 was a joke. Salty and flavourless, with little of the genuine chorizo needed to get the pimento oils flowing and just two skinny chicken wings on each plate, it was a very poor representation of the classic Spanish dish. Very disappointing indeed.

1  Thank thenorfolkbroad2015