A visit to the Rose and Crown was recommended to me and due to its various accolades I was looking forward to my trip here.
We arrived to a very busy pub- too busy to find any room. This is a sign of its popularity and no criticism can be levied. Good atmosphere.
Good service, though we were disappointed we couldn't order food at 9.10pm as service stops at 9. This is understandable but after putting several large rounds through the till over a period of a few hours we perhaps expected to be accommodated a little more having clearly dedicated our evenings and wallets to the venue.
Idyllic setting and tastefully decorated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Rose & Crown...a traditional Norfolk pub East of England Pub of the Year 2012 - The Good Pub Guide Norfolk Dining Pub of the Year 2012 - The Good Pub Guide Read the reviews...Everything you'd expect . . . from a 14th Century North Norfolk village inn - twisting passages and hidden corners, low ceilings and old beams, pamment floors and log fires, excellent beers and a relaxed, informal atmosphere. . . . and more . . . great food, delicious wines, 16 stylish bedrooms offering outstanding bed & breakfast accommodation, sunny walled garden, children's play fort and friendly staff. . . . all in all . . . one of the best places from which to explore glorious North Norfolk . . to walk, eat, shop, read, bird watch, golf, sail and most importantly, to relax. We have a younger sister, the Bank House Hotel in King's Lynn. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Rose And Crown Hotel Snettisham
- Rose And Crown Snettisham
- Rose And Crown Hotel Snettisham
- The Rose And Crown Snettisham, Norfolk