“A TRULY MAGNIFICENT HOUSE”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hailsham
Pekes Manor Oast House
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I booked the Manor House as a surprise for my wife to celebrate our Ruby Wedding anniversary. I wanted it to be special and the venue certainly lived up to my wildest expectations.A truly magnificent house! There were 12 adults and my grandson(aged 6).
I was privileged to meet Eva(the owner) on a couple of occasions over the weekend and found it remarkable that her family home (with all its historic fixtures and fittings) was available for everyone to experience and enjoy. To live like a Lord and Lady for the weekend was perfect, and the catering (by Julia) on Saturday night was first class.Many of my guests said it was the best food they have ever tasted.
I am sure I missed so much during the hectic weekend that I have promised myself to return one day-perhaps for our Golden!!!
To summarise, the house is a jewel and the grounds are the crowning glory-absolutely fabulous
and beautifully kept.I would like to add that for a house dating back to 1550 the housekeepers do a remarkable job-everywhere was spotlessly clean- well done ladies!
Thanks again Eva, hope to return one day.
Dave Pashley ,family and friends.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Two weeks ago we spent a glorious long weekend at Pekes. Our party was 7 families, 12 adults and 12 children aged between 7 & 11. We used the Oast House and Stables, a good combination as recommended by Eva. While the children ran wild, built dens and climbed trees the adults enjoyed the jaccusi, sauna and beautiful grounds. We were all impressed by the heated pool with tropical planting. The kitchen in the Oast House comfortably seated 12 for dinner. The buildings are a little run down but ooze with charm and history. When booking the stables carefully check the configurations of the beds. The single bed is in an alcove in the corridor. Beautiful surrounding countryside, lovely local pub and 15 mins from the beach.

Room Tip: Eva, the owner, was really helpful and suggested the best properties for our party.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I rented the whole of pekes for the weekend of our wedding. The place was beautiful - a manor house with surrounding cottages, indoor swimming pool, hot tubs and amazing facilities. It's self-catered and So we were prepared and brought our own food, toiletries etc. Some of the reviews on here seem to have not understood this!

We had an amazing stay and loved the old, antique feel of the manor house as well as the more modern aspects of the other houses and facilities. The grounds are beautiful and we had An amazing time playing badminton, tennis and croquet on the lawn as well as having BBQs. We enjoyed it so much we are planning to return for a weekend for my 30th birthday!!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I had to write in and help set the scene for Pekes - i first visited when the euro tunnel was still being built....very early 90's i think it was. I have stayed in everyone one of the houses and cottages (bar the manor house itself). The accommodation is very functional and not to the standard of a top 5 star hotel,,,,,,its the countryside! and feels like the countryside. The Gatehouse is a delightful little cottage and full of old world charm, its basic and that is part of the charm. The Oast house is simply wonderful with great shapes and super views, the hot tub and stroll to the heated indoor pool is very lovely. The Tudor view cottage (our next stay) is in a lovely setting and has views to die for - all on one level and far more spacious than the cheaper to rent gatehouse. Mounts Views has a great feel to it -i recall its the old cow shed that was converted!....but its great, we stayed with friends and the kids adored the adventure of hanging out on a country manor. The wing is very old money classy - its worn in places and shows its age somewhat. But again its very much in keeping with country living and the age of the surroundings. This is not a techies dream of the latest high end gadgets and UPVC glazing wonders. Its lovely and charming and the first review written below is a real shame as the point is really missed. In my years of visiting Pekes, i have always been offered a full service of bedding and towels and even the offer of a cook making a meal for us all!...eggs and fresh veg from the garden and bags of logs are all available too. Tesco will even deliver to you and set you up for some home cooking!. The 6 bells is the local pub and last time i was there they had a live band rocking the place,,,,,in a good way!. The walks and the views are priceless - dogs are welcomed and i don't think you can get much better value?....the price per person per night is B&B money. Eva is a very kind and helpful lady and i cant imagine anyone having a bad time due to a 1950's lampshade?......

Room Tip: the oast house is extra special
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank danny_1968
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had a group ranging in age from 24 to 65 and everyone really enjoyed themselves. The facilities such as the swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and were all brilliant and found clean. The house is full of character with interesting features everywhere. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the utensils plates and cutlery you could wish for. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

Luke ford

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Luke F
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Pekes Manor is in the most beautiful setting with loads of activities to keep you busy and entertained for the entire stay for all. It slept and fed all 18 of us very comfortably and had everything we needed available to us! we were lucky to have good weather so the huge gardens gave us plenty of space for some cricket and Barbecue activities, and the Pool, Hot tub and sauna were enjoyed by all!
The Owner Eva was very hospitable and was on hand to help with any questions before hand and during our stay.
We could not have asked more for a venue to hold our reunion and i will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I booked Mounts View for my husband's 40th for a party of 6 adults and 3 children. We had a fantastic time as the house was purpose built and could easily accommodate 12 people. There were 2 bathrooms and a shower/ wc so nobody had to wait to take a bath. We loved the charm of the place and the views and serenity. It's also very safe for little ones to run around. When we weren't having bbq's we were playing tennis, or swimming and exploring. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. As for the bedding, I took my own. I quite liked the rustic charm of the place and the dated furniture didn't bother me. If I wanted ultra modern, I would've gone to a hotel. The kitchen could've done with a bigger fridge / freezer, but overall would highly recommend and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family