“Wonderful Weekend”

Big Sky Tipi Holidays
Cookham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Weekend”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A great experience! Our first family attempt at camping/glamping was an amazing experience spending a weekend in our cosy Tipi home. Everything you need was at hand from solar powered lanterns to cooking equipment, Evening BBQ's and campfires before bedding down for the night in our comfy Tipi home. Great walks from the campsite and well appointed toilet/shower block with water heated using solar power. The owners were really friendly and helpful, they can supply extra fire wood to keep the campfire going and the all important bacon and sausages for breakfast. The children loved every part of it and enjoyed making new friends on the campsite, will be returning soon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I have driven past Big Sky Tipi so many times in the last few years, and now feel as if I have robbed myself of something special.
I had the great pleasure of staying here on Thursday. I loved it. Now I am one those need your creature comforts, mobile phone or iPad in hand types. Mine and wife's plan was to let this run out of battery completely, so we could be away from life, even if just for a while.
I spoke with Geoff in person when booking and Sarah was there on our arrival. Two amazing hosts who have unquestionably got something pretty amazing in Big Sky Tipi.
The Tipis (we stayed in wolf, so I can't speak for the others) were just brilliant. Everything you need. Stove, BBQ, Utensils for cooking and eating, beanbags, picnic table, wooden chairs and a little campfire place to heighten the atmosphere even more. The shower/toilet blocks were immaculate as was the easing up area and communal fridge.
There are loads of places to eat locally, being a local cabbie I knew most of them, but I can tell you customers I have picked up from The Lamb ( 5-10 minute walk down the road) have always said how nice it is.
The best part for me? Silence... Just a beautiful, tranquil setting especially at night with a couple of bottles of wine, sat next to the fire, no light pollution, it was just heaven in a Tipi, and only 16 miles from my doorstep.
We will back........ And very soon,

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike S
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I usually go camping at least once a year however has been difficult this year as I am pregnant however I came across this online and thought this would be a great surprise for his birthday and couldn't be too uncomfortable for me either.

We arrived to be greeted by Sarah and was moved to a bigger tipi as there wasn't anyone else staying at the site. We was in wolf tipi which I believe was the biggest one.

Inside was decorated with faux rugs and was very cosy looking. At the end of the futon bed was a chest with all cutlery, glasses, mugs, cooking utensils, pots and pans bottle openers etc. and to either side was two single futons.

The tipi stayed very warm however the only thing I would say is the mattress to the futon wasn't very thick so I found (perhaps with being pregnant) it did feel like I was laying on a crate of wood and had a restless sleep however I moved one of the mattresses from the single futons under me and padded it out with blankets and that was comfortable.

The toilet block was amazing, so modern and clean as was the washing up area.

We didn't see much of Sarah and Geoff however knew they were around if we needed them.

There was a BBQ, has stove, picnic bench, deck chairs and outdoor bean bans outside our tipi so evenings were really fun sitting around the campfire.

We lived our stay here and would definitely recommend it. We are certainly going to come back!!

Thank you Sarah and Geoff!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Nx88
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We (me, my wife and our 3 boys - 7, 4 and 18 months) were invited to Big Sky Tipi by friends who had stayed there before - we went the weekend at the end of half term. This was such a lovely weekend I just had to write a review (my first on TA). Firstly Geoff and Sarah are lovely, very friendly and very keen to ensure you have everything you need and are having a good time. This is not a holiday park with loads to do, the exact opposite in fact - it is quiet, relaxed with plenty of open space for everyone to either sit and enjoy the quiet or for the kids to run around and play games all day.

The Tipi itself is a real treat - 3 futons for sleeping (deceptively comfortable) and fake furs all over the floor to give it a real cosy feel. We were blessed with great weather which certainly helped but at no point did we feel cold or uncomfortable. Our days consisted of getting up, cooking outside, playing games then sitting around the fire chatting until the early hours - a really wonderful weekend, we will be going back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barry M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I went on a Monday, just after bank holiday weekend and as it wasn't very busy they upgraded us to one of the larger Tipi's which was a lovely surprise.
Only tip - it does get quite chilly at night so would bring some thick blankets.
On arrival someone was there to meet us, give us information about the local area, pubs walks and other things to do.
The Tipi themselves are of a good size and equipped with everything you will need for your stay.
Unlimited amount of wood for the camp fire etc
Great toilet and shower facilities, very clean and modern. Electrical ports for your phones etc and a fridge which came in very handy.
Would recommend anyone wanting a different trip of camping!
Sarah and Geoff are both lovely people and were always about to help you/if you require anything!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leelee40
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed in the wolf tipi with my partner and another couple. We had a lovely weekend. Tipi was spacious enough for 4 adults. Outside area was lovely campfires every night and BBQ's morning and evening. Enough room under the shealter when it rained. Went on two lovely walks around the site. Lovely pubs nearby which was kindly recommened by BST. Fire wood when ever we wanted and lovely fresh eggs! Great hosts and great weekend away!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charlene M
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

What a wonderful stay we had! We went with friends and enjoyed some great hospitality and an amazing experience. Geoff, Sarah and dogs have created a very enjoyable and different place to come and spend some time away from the rat race. Rolling hills, great views and just 5 mins drive to the nearest beach. The kids had a ball as they disappeared off in a small tribe to explore the woods and help feed the animals, not to mention fussing over the dogs. We would definately recommend a stay with Big Sky Tipi!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AHB2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hailsham
Travelodge Hellingly Eastbourne
#2 of 5 in Herstmonceux
Wartling Place Country House
Wartling Place Country House
#33 of 77 in Eastbourne

Been to Big Sky Tipi Holidays? Share your experiences!