Big Sky Tipi Holidays
US$89
PremierInn.com
Chalk Farm Hotel(Willingdon)
US$97
Premier Inn Eastbourne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$89
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Eastbourne Willingdon Drove(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$53
Travelodge
US$128
TripAdvisor
The Forge(Halland)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscamp firethe toilet shower blockfantastic weekendgas stovelamb innshort driveopen firegeoffwoodlandpubsfacilitiesmarshmallowsfires
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Wow what can I say, an amazing 2 night stay in these stunning tipis. So comfortable and cosy. Toilets and showers spotless and a pleasure. BBQ and all utensils supplied and kids loved making a fire and enjoying the open space. Wish we could have stayed longer! All in all a lovely break and would most definitely return again!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A great experience! Our first family attempt at camping/glamping was an amazing experience spending a weekend in our cosy Tipi home. Everything you need was at hand from solar powered lanterns to cooking equipment, Evening BBQ's and campfires before bedding down for the night in our comfy Tipi home. Great walks from the campsite and well appointed toilet/shower block with water heated using solar power. The owners were really friendly and helpful, they can supply extra fire wood to keep the campfire going and the all important bacon and sausages for breakfast. The children loved every part of it and enjoyed making new friends on the campsite, will be returning soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have driven past Big Sky Tipi so many times in the last few years, and now feel as if I have robbed myself of something special.
I had the great pleasure of staying here on Thursday. I loved it. Now I am one those need your creature comforts, mobile phone or iPad in hand types. Mine and wife's plan was to let this run out of battery completely, so we could be away from life, even if just for a while.
I spoke with Geoff in person when booking and Sarah was there on our arrival. Two amazing hosts who have unquestionably got something pretty amazing in Big Sky Tipi.
The Tipis (we stayed in wolf, so I can't speak for the others) were just brilliant. Everything you need. Stove, BBQ, Utensils for cooking and eating, beanbags, picnic table, wooden chairs and a little campfire place to heighten the atmosphere even more. The shower/toilet blocks were immaculate as was the easing up area and communal fridge.
There are loads of places to eat locally, being a local cabbie I knew most of them, but I can tell you customers I have picked up from The Lamb ( 5-10 minute walk down the road) have always said how nice it is.
The best part for me? Silence... Just a beautiful, tranquil setting especially at night with a couple of bottles of wine, sat next to the fire, no light pollution, it was just heaven in a Tipi, and only 16 miles from my doorstep.
We will back........ And very soon,

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I usually go camping at least once a year however has been difficult this year as I am pregnant however I came across this online and thought this would be a great surprise for his birthday and couldn't be too uncomfortable for me either.

We arrived to be greeted by Sarah and was moved to a bigger tipi as there wasn't anyone else staying at the site. We was in wolf tipi which I believe was the biggest one.

Inside was decorated with faux rugs and was very cosy looking. At the end of the futon bed was a chest with all cutlery, glasses, mugs, cooking utensils, pots and pans bottle openers etc. and to either side was two single futons.

The tipi stayed very warm however the only thing I would say is the mattress to the futon wasn't very thick so I found (perhaps with being pregnant) it did feel like I was laying on a crate of wood and had a restless sleep however I moved one of the mattresses from the single futons under me and padded it out with blankets and that was comfortable.

The toilet block was amazing, so modern and clean as was the washing up area.

We didn't see much of Sarah and Geoff however knew they were around if we needed them.

There was a BBQ, has stove, picnic bench, deck chairs and outdoor bean bans outside our tipi so evenings were really fun sitting around the campfire.

We lived our stay here and would definitely recommend it. We are certainly going to come back!!

Thank you Sarah and Geoff!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nx88
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We (me, my wife and our 3 boys - 7, 4 and 18 months) were invited to Big Sky Tipi by friends who had stayed there before - we went the weekend at the end of half term. This was such a lovely weekend I just had to write a review (my first on TA). Firstly Geoff and Sarah are lovely, very friendly and very keen to ensure you have everything you need and are having a good time. This is not a holiday park with loads to do, the exact opposite in fact - it is quiet, relaxed with plenty of open space for everyone to either sit and enjoy the quiet or for the kids to run around and play games all day.

The Tipi itself is a real treat - 3 futons for sleeping (deceptively comfortable) and fake furs all over the floor to give it a real cosy feel. We were blessed with great weather which certainly helped but at no point did we feel cold or uncomfortable. Our days consisted of getting up, cooking outside, playing games then sitting around the fire chatting until the early hours - a really wonderful weekend, we will be going back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family