“not a very nice sleep”

Templars Hotel and Carvery
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Baldock
Reviewed 26 November 2012

the bed was hard, the place very uncomfortable, my back was really sore and the hotel breakfast was terrible, i wont be back, its not a nice hotel at all with a very strange misplaced design. I suffered from a sore back for 2 days after, was glad to get home

Room Tip: dont get a room at the front of the hotel its cold and noisy
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Templars Hotel and Carvery

Reviewed 25 November 2012

When I first walked in and up to the reception I thought ,not a bad place,when I got my keys I walked through the first door and straight away thought that the lounge looked like an old people's home,and the carpet must be fifty years old by the looks of thing.
Walking to our room number fifteen I counted at least thirty stains on the carpet,the carpet is an embarrassment to the owners,I opened our room door and instantly thought I had open the door to my nans bedroom,it's old and dated ,cold gloomy,needed a good clean cob webs in each corner toilet was a nightmare to flush,and just depressing.bed was ok and sheets were fine.
Breakfast was ok(providing your not too hungry).
My overall opinion is it wants a complete renovation,and I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't bother that's the best advice for anyone who wants to there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed at the hotel for one of their party nights for a 30th Birthday party. We have stayed before and it was another great night. The room was clean and comfortable, although very hot! The food was lovely, really well presented and exceptionally good value.
The reception and bar staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good.
All in all, a great night!

Room Tip: Room 3 was nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night, it was ok for a 1 night stay but would not like to stay any longer, tiny bathroom with nowhere to hang towels etc, soap was in a dispensor, so no little souvenier toiletries to take home with you, breakfast was good freshly cooked to order and the staff were very obliging.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel last weekend for 1 night to attend a family party, it was good for a 1 night stay but would not like to stay any longer, there was seven of us stayed, the bedrooms are quite small, and the bathroom is very small nowhere to hang clothes & towels, soap is in a despenser, but we brought our own toiletries, bed was very comfortable I slept very well but maybe that was because we had been partying all night so all the drink knocked me out, breakfast was good it was freshly cooked to order, and the staff were very obliging.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I went here on my friends Hen do beginning on September 2012 we had a great time on the night, dancers, plate smashing were a great laugh just a shame when 24 hours later the food poisoning hit! Once I had come to a little (2 days later) I phoned the restaurant to speak to the manager to advise that there may have been a problem in their kitchen i.e. maybe some staff need to be retrained in case they were using the wrong chopping boards etc but received what can only be described as a very well rehearsed speech on how much it could not have been down to the restaurant even though I explained that it was more than one at our table who was sick, he said any ideas of mine were welcome but to any of my suggestions the manager had a FULL (again sounding very rehearsed) answer to all of how it could never have been them! I gave up listening to the speeches in the end and hoped that by warning people on here it might pre warn any people planning on going here to avoid the meats that are capable of this to them, mine was the chicken so I recommend staying away from that. If only I’d have read the other reviews on here first I’d have known to steer clear!! Gutted it put a downer on the whole thing for me and the others in our party who suffered.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed one night as we were attending a party in the area. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were welcoming and pleasant. The breakfast was fine, a fresh cooked breakfast was nice, just disappointed that only packets of coffee and tea were laid out with boiling water available to make your own. Would have preferred filter coffee. But later on I heard someone ask and they were given. Just wish I'd known - I guess if you don't ask you don't get!
Over all I wouldn't complain, we had a good nights sleep and it was value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldock
purplehotel Baldock
#2 of 3 in Letchworth
Hitchin Priory
Hitchin Priory
#8 of 8 in Hitchin

Been to Templars Hotel and Carvery? Share your experiences!