“Pit stop lunch..”
Review of The White Lion

The White Lion
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Baldock
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We stopped at Baldock enroute to Norfolk...went into The White Lion...my husband had a ploughman’s ,....I had the soup...Stilton& Broccoli ...A’s did my friend..her husband had a chicken & bacon sandwich...the beer was excellent...my hubby is a bit of a beer expert and real ales in particular..so he was happy....I had the best cup of tea I,d had in any pub/ restaurant for a very long time....and I do like a decent cuppa...the food was good ..service good .cheerful lady serving...and it was very good value for money...as we often do that trip to see family....we will definitely drop in there again.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Although im not big on beer, i tried 6 drafts and good flavor.
People are friendly, i made new friends, met alot of girls (being a batchelor) friendly staff and good food... thete is a nice back open space and for sure they have something that forms a great atmosphere.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Lovely pub for a laid back pint or sunday lunch. Not much seating inside is my only gripe. Best pub in Baldock

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Fine selection of real ales, Oakham in particular. After a couple of "sharpener" pints, the Lunch was exceptional. Choice of topside of beef and honey roast gammon. My guests went for these and enjoyed them. I chose the home made pie, which I can recommend. Vegetables and potatoes cooked beautifully, not too soft and not too hard. Staff, as always here, helpful and attentive without being intrusive.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We went to this pub for lunch on a Wednesday, I'd never been there before but it turned out to be a good choice.

There were seven real ales available, I didn't have all seven, but the ones I did have were excellent. They also had a good choice of food on the menu, although no ham, egg and chips (one of my favourite's) and there were three other choices on the specials board.

Food was served until 15:00 and beer served all afternoon and this coupled with a roaring fire and a relaxed atmosphere made lunching there a pleasure.

Also, importantly for me, my bike could be parked in the back garden area. We'll definitely be going again.

Date of visit: February 2018