“three tuns thirsk”

Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: JD Wetherspoon pub and hotel on the Market Place in Thirsk. Open from 7 am for breakfast with alcohol served from 9 am. Full food menu available 7 am until 11 pm. Bar closes at midnight Sun-Thurs and at 1 am Fri/Sat. Seven hand pulled real ales available and a wide range of spirits, lagers and wines. Food choices include English pub classics, American burgers and hot dogs and five 'club' nights across the week: Steak Club (Tues), Chicken Club (Wed), Curry Club (Thurs), Fish Friday, Sunday Club.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

ate in here on 4 seperate occasions while in thirsk good food and selection of real ales,staff friendly and helpful can,t agree with sandie G because the only time we had to wait to be served was on raceday because it was packed to the rafters like all the pubs in thirsk were.with wetherspoons what you get is good food and drink for a reasonable price.

Three T, Manager at The Three Tuns, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hi,

Many thanks for your review of our pub! We are always pleased to hear when customers enjoy their dining or drinking experiences with us, especially when they come back! If you ever have a particular real ale you would like to see us stock, please speak to a member of the bar team. We're always looking for new beers to keep our customers happy!

Many thanks again for your review,

There are newer reviews for The Three Tuns

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I realise that this is a Wetherspoons and have eaten in the chain previously. and never had a complaint about the quality of the food. Waited over 40 minutes for our food which was overcooked beef, stuffing balls like bullets and veg which went cold very quickly. The beer is excellent but the slow service and the food was awful. I know that its a cheap chain, but even so, it should look and taste reasonable.

Should probably have complained but by the time the meal arrived we were really hungry and just ate what we could.

Three T, Manager at The Three Tuns, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hi Sandie,

I'm very sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable experience in our pub. I believe one of our shift managers has contacted you via e-mail, inviting you back into the pub for a meal on us, which I hope will go some way to correcting the previous experience you had. I have spoken to our bar and kitchen teams were working that day to try and prevent similar events happening again and will look at staffing levels again for busy Sundays such as Mother's day to ensure we have speedier service at the bar.

Where possible, we really appreciate customers bringing issues to our attention when they occur in the pub so we can correct any failings then and there. We would much rather replace your meal than have customers dining on food they are not enjoying.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Ate here a few times while staying in Thirsk and hard to find fault with it, you get what you pay for and you know Wetherspoons is going to be cheap and fast so aslong as you aren't expecting fine dining its hard to see where you can go wrong

They have a great selection of beers that are all really cheap, especially the speciality beers and american craft beers that i like to try.

We ate breakfast, lunch and an evening meal in the time we were in Thirsk and all were really good value, fast and can't really fault them

Hi,

Thank-you for your comments about your visit to our pub. Very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit! We are currently in the process of trying to get a really wide selection of fantastic real ales on sale in the pub so I'm very glad to hear you appreciated them.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

we visited this Weatherspoon pub,beer was great tasting with crisp cold beer at a reasonable price,plenty of seating area available ,food menu was a typical Weatherspoon menu,toilet were clean and the atmosphere was great.

1  Thank Caron R

Hi Caron,

Thank-you for your review of our pub! We always love to hear about positive experiences people have had while in the Three Tuns. Glad that you thought we have a good atmosphere and enjoyed a good pint!

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

After visiting the above establishment tonight to celebrate my sons 23rd birthday, I felt compelled to write and complain about this absolute disgrace of a restaurant. I think we should have realised the level of service as we had to clear our own table to actually sit down! We ordered our dinner and drinks which was about the only thing that was done well. 5 drinks, 5 meals and a sharing starter, all was repeated back to me. (payment had to be taken on another machine as the one attached to that till was broken) The starter (nachos) arrived quite quickly, however looked as though it had been thrown onto the plate. Half an hour after we'd finished them the server asked if we were ready for our main meals to which we replied, yes. 2 other tables near us ordered their meals and were served them within a few minutes. Still we waited. Half an hour later, I had to return to the bar to ask where our dinner was. The person behind the bar dashed off to the kitchen and I returned to our table. Someone (I assume kitchen staff) came to apologize for the delay and our meals were eventually brought to us. The son who was celebrating his birthday ordered the curry. The curry tasted burnt, the rice was crispy and the poppadoms were swimming in grease as they had been deep fried. If you'd care to check table 21, you'll find puddles of fat on the table where we poured the fat off them. My husband had the large mixed grill, he ate the egg, some of the peas and the gammon. He tried to eat the rest of it but it was inedible and he ended up wrapping it all up to take home for the dog. My teenager had the chilli hot dog. The chips that came with it tasted like the onion rings and all he managed to eat was the hotdog itself once he'd taken the chilli off the top. My youngest son had the kids meal of spaghetti and as he was starving by then, ate the lot within a minute. It was cold... As for my lasagne, I'm sure I could have microwaved it better. It was crusty and looked as though it had been tipped onto the plate. I'm sure the salad was ok but I daren't try it!
Now I appreciate that it was a busy restaurant but I've been in before when it was busier and didn't have half the problems there were tonight. I asked to speak to the manager to make a complaint and all she could say was sorry. I felt sorry for the woman as she had the fixed smile on her face as if she'd been apologising all night but it's not good enough. I didn't feel my complaint was listened to and as I work in the service industry was very unimpressed with her.
I am very disappointed with every aspect of our experience and for £45.00 expected more quite frankly. I know you pride yourselves on good value for money but in this case you didn't come anywhere near up to scratch. I'm afraid if I was a mystery shopper, you'd have failed...

This was the email written to complain to their customer service team...

Their reply via email dated 16th Feb:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. Please allow us time to gather the information we need in order to enable us to respond appropriately.

Please be assured we will contact you as soon as possible, there is no need to send any follow up communication whilst waiting to hear from us.

The Customer Service Team
JD Wetherspoon plc

No further contact over 2 weeks later so not only has their restaurant failed, so has their customer service team.

Three T, Manager at The Three Tuns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hi,

Thank-you for leaving a review with us regarding your visit in February. As the new pub manager I would like to apologise for the service you received while dining with us. The circumstances you have described are not what I expect for customers who use the pub and I am very sorry that this occurred.

I have not received details of your complaint from head office, or I would have been in contact directly. If you would like to privately get in touch with me at the email or on the phone number in the private message I sent you, I would like to send out a invitation to dine with us for free for you and your family to attempt to make up for the unacceptable visit you have had. I feel that your complaint at the time was perhaps not handled in the best way possible and I hope you will let me try and correct this. Hopefully, you can see from other reviews left here and how busy our pub is, that this is not the norm and we aim to provide excellent customer service and hot, appetising food!

Again, I would like to apologise and I hope you will us the chance to make amends by dining here again, on us.

Rachel,
Pub manager at the Three Tuns.