“You know who we are..we been here long enough....”

and 1 more site!
The Angel at Topcliffe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Thirsk
“You know who we are..we been here long enough....”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

From day one all ..friendly. helpful ..service first class been an excellent stay many more weeks to come
.special thanks to our two little ladies Natalie and Claire and the cracker jack at breakfast. Thank you all

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mark P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
addicte a Barcelona
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I can't remember when I was last made to feel so welcome in a hotel!

I stayed 2 nights. I'd booked months earlier, and they'd transferred to an automated booking system in the meantime. I'm guessing the transition wasn't smooth and I had a little difficulty checking in, but Greg was wonderful sorting it out, and he did so with a minimum of fuss and inconvenience to me. I ate at the Angel on the first night, and both food and service were spot on. My room was small but well-appointed. The (free) wifi worked well, the bed was very good, and breakfast was excellent. What most stood out for me was that nothing was too much trouble, and I include the cleaning staff in that. Everyone was genuinely interested in you and wanting to help. A member of staff also called me a cab on her personal mobile because the landline was busy...

If I'm back in the area, there's no question I'll stay again. It was a pleasure. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank floodbug
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Top Hotel, very friendly with a big warm welcome. Stayed a number of times, we have family near by, every visit has been as good as the first. Food, Drink, Rooms, and staff are excellent. Well run and well worth the cost, which is not high. If your lucky enough to stay on a weekend then I hope the very attentive Kat is looking after you as well as she has looked after myself and my wife. Its a very central base for visiting the many places of beauty in Yorkshire, set in a quite village but with easy access to main roads for visiting Yorkshire. We are already looking forward to going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lee-Deb H
Snaith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Brilliant Hotel stayed the night after attending a Wedding at Crab Manner , the staff were so friendly our room was so relaxing the breakfast and service was excellent will be going back again to stay two nights this time

Room Tip: I'm told room 14 but our room was excellent
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kevo879
leeds
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed overnight here whilst going to a wedding at the Crab and Lobster, nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was lovely, well decorated and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was scrummy, there is plenty of choice, would defo stay at this place again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank tracey a
London
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I came up to Topcliffe to attend a party at the Angel. It was held in the private room at The Angel. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable; I am still drooling over the beef! After a lovely evening we stayed in the attached hotel. The rooms are all new, spotless, comfortable and a good size and extremely good value. After a good night's sleep in v comfy beds, we had breakfast; again food and service exemplary! Thank you! PS. My mother said thank you the old fashioned way, by letter! We all loved it. See you again soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank emmasparkler
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed overnight on Saturday 22nd March 2014
The welcome was very friendly and the staff lovely
Our room was very clean and bed very comfortable
Excellent breakfast freshly cooked and hot served by the lovely Kat

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Daisy789
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thirsk
Golden Fleece Hotel
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa
Solberge Hall Hotel
Solberge Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newby Wiske

Been to The Angel at Topcliffe Hotel? Share your experiences!