“A great place to stay”
Review of Laburnum House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thirsk
Laburnum House
Ranked #2 of 23 Thirsk B&B and Inns
Stockport, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Hello all travellers,
I have stayed here at Laburnum House on a weekly basis over the last 6 months and it has made my life so much easier working away from home. I have used all 3 rooms and there all very welcoming and relaxing in there own way.

Being treated to an affordable and luxury B&B is great and all credit to Val for her continued efforts. You cant get any better.

I hope this review helps puts your mind at rest as Laburnum House is a first class stay.
Cheers Val and see you next week. Tony

Room Tip: All 3 rooms are well equipped, very clean and the services are first class.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I first stayed at Laburnum House 2 years ago and didn't even contemplate trying somewhere else this time. Val is the most welcoming owner you could wish to meet. Her hospitality is first class. My husband was with me this time and is a Coeliac requiring a Gluten Free Breakfast. Val provided a cooked breakfast with Gluten free toast both mornings and had even sourced Gluten Free sausages from the local butcher. The addition of the Orangery on the back of the property is a real bonus. We were able to sit and watch TV with a glass of wine, so relaxing. Laburnum House is so accessible to many areas of North Yorkshire. We spent the afternoon before arriving at Redcar Racecourse for the first meeting on the Flat. Laburnum house is not too far from any of the North Yorkshire race courses. Whilst visiting Thirsk we had a lovely walk at Sutton Bank National Park Centre, such outstanding views and visited local towns Pickering and Northallerton. Eating Gluten Free locally in the evenings was not a problem either, so all in all a very successful trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine H
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I found the lamburnum house an amazing stay! I am currently still staying here right now but im just so excited to review and talk about my wonderful stay. I would like to start of by saying that Val the owner was amazing! She was warm and welcoming and a very interesting and kind person to be around. I really am enjoying my room and how comfy it is with a relaxing atmosphere and fine furniture that is simple yet elegant. The breakfast that Val made for us was delicious and wonderful! I enjoyed my stay very much and I would truly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Thirsk.

Natalie.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Natalie L
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights for a family occasion. This has only been the first night and I just couldn't resist writing this review to comment on the extreme cleanliness of all the rooms and the friendly customer service that the owner has provided so far. Please note therefore that I will be writing in the present tense!!!!

Laburnum house is set in a fantastic location, close to all major routes and amenities. There is plenty of parking space for guests on the enclosed front yard. All rooms are clean and modern throughout the house.

The bed I am currently sleeping in and writing this review from (Thirsk room) is extremely comfortable. The room itself is quiet and constantly at room temperature when needed. It has a fantastic en-suite bathroom with one of the most powerful showers I have ever experienced. There is a small table and 2 chairs in the bedroom for guests to have a quick cup of tea or to do some reading. Guest facilities are outstanding: a large conservatory and dining room with ample seating, large LCD in almost every room, more than enough toilets when you need to find one, plenty of magazines to keep you occupied, and the owner has great character and is a joy to talk to.

I therefore have no doubts about recommending Laburnum House to anyone visiting Thirsk; whether it is for one night or multiple nights. In fact, anyone considering staying in a B+B in Thirsk should just book with Laburnum House and nowhere else. If I could give you more than the maximum 5 stars for this review and give you an award myself, for outstanding excellence and service, I would certainly do that.

Thank you. Steven.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steven L
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed at Laburnum House whilst staying in Thirsk for a plastering course. After driving for almost four hours I was very pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome and lovely atmosphere at LH. The owner Val was brilliant from start to finish. She offered me a glass of wine after I first arrived and even offered to drive me to my course location for the first day so I wouldn't get lost! If you are looking for a local B&B in the Thirsk area I can honestly say that the premises and service offered by Val are second to none.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank TonyMctonester
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Definitely a stay to remember! I live in a local village but had a friend visiting for the weekend. To make it a little holiday for myself, I booked us to stay at Laburnum House. From the very first contact of booking a room with Val, I knew we would be well looked after. We received a very warm welcome and Val was interested in making our stay one to remember. They say it's the small things in life that we appreciate and in this case it definitely was. The room was gorgeous and comfortable, the ensuite sprinkled with Sanctuary products (my favourite)! The whole house was welcoming and warm and beautifully decorated. The breakfast that Val cooked for us was heavenly and we couldn't have asked for more. We went out in the local town for a lovely meal in one of the pubs and then on to the other pubs for some further drinks. It was a lovely gesture that Val gave us a lift in to the town to save us from walking in our heels. The following day we enjoyed lounging around in the beautiful orangery in which was very peaceful. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Laburnum House as it was a relaxing stay away from home but yet all the while felt like home. We would recommend anyone to stay at Laburnum House, you won't regret it. Thank you to Val for giving us a lovely place for us to spend time together. My friend is now wanting to visit more often!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shelly P
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have stayed at Val's before and as I am in the travel business have also recommended Laburnum House to my clients. The redecoration and new Orangery have improved the guest house even more and Val remains on hand as an invaluable help with everything from recommending walks/restaurants in the locality to catering for special diets/requests. A website online booking system is soon to arrive and will make reserving rooms even easier. Well done Val keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business