“NEVER FAILS TO PLEASE!”
Review of Laburnum House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thirsk
Laburnum House
Ranked #2 of 23 Thirsk B&B and Inns
Crawley
“NEVER FAILS TO PLEASE!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Fabulous stay, fabulous welcome, fabulous breakfast. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble for Val and yet again I would suggest you look no further. This was our 3rd stay whilst visiting elderly relatives in Thirsk. The location is perfect being a short walk from town with plenty to see and do in this beautiful county. Enjoy, enjoy enjoy!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First class.Val was more than helpful to us on our visit.She slept on the floor in her living room to make space for us.She was fully booked so didn't have to do this for us (we had never stayed there before) she is just one of life's lovely people.To top it all the accommodation and food is excellent

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brian D
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have stayed before several times and have never been disappointed. A really warm welcome, goes out of her way to ensure you want for nothing. Spick and span surroundings and always got time for a chat and a brew! Can recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie B
Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Val rang us all up to say she was having a masseur Jon Carlisle to do Swedish massage, Reiki and Hypnotherapy at her B & B. Val got us 50% off and my massage - was fantastic. Had it in Val's living room - was quiet and calming. I thoroughly enjoyed this and Val has made another date for three weeks time - in which I have already said yes. After the massage we had to drink lots of water but then she opened a few of bottles of wine. I slept in the Thirsk room and had the best night's sleep in ages. Can't wait for the next one. All you guests and friends out there if you fancy a real treat I know that knowing Val she will sort it out!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shelly P
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We returned again for another week staying in Val's B&B (we would not need to stay anywhere else in Thirsk). Much as already been written about her, welcoming, very helpful manner, delicious breakfast on offer and the immaculate comfort of Laburnum House. Nothing has changed there and we will be back next year. Do read on.
Being based in Thirsk is a good spot to explore the delights of North Yorkshire, not forgetting the city of York south of Thirsk and 20 minutes by train. Google in to events in Thirsk, when you have arranged your dates and you can find out what is going on in wide area.
This year we visited the White Horse cut out of the hillside at Kilburn, the 360 degree view from the top of Sutton Bank is spectacular; we stepped back in time and later took the steam train from Pickering to Whitby and back; Leyburn had a 40's weekend where the locals dressed in that era, the shops were sandbagged; some wore war time uniforms and drove the old motors and jeeps. Music and a singer entertained. We had a dance in the street.
On another day we visited Botton: a Camperhill village for the disabled situated in the deep valley that lies between Hutton le Hole (great museum there) and Danby. The village covers a large area and provides work of various kinds for the disabled, farming, cheese making, breade bakery etc - a lovely place and worth a visit, especially if you enjoy walking. The village is approached by the road that runs for 8 miles on the top of the heather clad moor - excellent views, but mind the sheep! We enjoyed the horse racing at Thirsk races on the Friday (my good lady picked the last winner).
Val also has information on events and walks. The weather was wonderful. Val had not had to put up the price for the stay. I regard her as a friend. We shall be back next year - there is still much to see or enjoy again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobRoy034
Thirsk
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Val is an absolute star she has gone out of her way for me ! I had to put my car in storage and val has taken me places I need to go ! She's also let me store my suitcases in the spare bedroom and let my son come round and have a shower before we left for the train station at 2.30 were as normally you have to be out by 11 am ! She let me use the orangery so my friends and family could come round and say there goodbyes she made them all very welcome and offered tea coffee and cakes ! She also let me use the laundry facilities for my last bits ! Had a bit of a wobbly moment before I left for new Zealand val opened a bottle of wine and calmed me down ! She's a really lovey lady and would recommend laburnum house to everybody !

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank jane123456789innewz
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a great weekend staying at Laburnum House. Val the hostess was brilliant She made us so welcome. The breakfast was excellent and the bedroom and bathroom were brilliant the decor is superb. We will be going back there for another stay in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends