“Regular Customer”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wellingborough
Reviewed 8 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great clean hotel. Nice open reception area which leads to the restaurant. Pool table and TV. Easy to find. Great Friendly staff who are more than willing to help. Variety of food establishments to hand. Definitely use again.

Room Tip: Was a tad warm
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear Tina, Thank you for sharing such a good feedback with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel and facilities offered, and that you found our team helpful, they will all be really proud and glad to read your comments, as they work hard to provide always the best service and product.
Thanks again for taking the time to write your comments about your recent stay with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Kind Regards,
Cristina Serrano

Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for a night before my wife did Tough Mudder. It was £45 and fairly priced. Room was a bit dated but what do you expect for £45. I was really impressed with (buffet) breakfast choices though at check in they said it was £6.95 and I said do I need to pay now to secure that price and they said no. I paid £7.95 the next morning? Still worth it though. Wasn't the Ritz by any means but miles and miles better than a road side diner. I was also impressed with how they dealt with a problem. When I entered the first room they gave me it stunk vile of smoke (no smoking!). I immediately turned round and walked out (not anti smoking I'm an ex smoker but it stunk). They immediately moved me, explained they are trying to stamp it out and made a point of telling me later they were fumigating the room. Not sure why the cleaners didn't spot that? Guess it happens a lot? Summary… I'd stay again. Pub across the road the Priory get's some harsh reviews too. Again not the Ritz but you get what you pay for :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your time and comments. I am pleased that in overall you had enjoyable stay with us at Ibis Wellingborough. I would like to apologize for the smell in the 1st room; I would like to assure you that it doesn’t happen often, but unfortunately time to time, but I am happy to see that staff was helpful and understanding. Regarding the breakfast I would like to confirm that the price is £7.95, without any difference if booked in advance, but please let me apologize for any misunderstood caused.
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback, and we look forward for your next stay.
Kind Regards, Cristina Serrano

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Good all round facilities. Clean room and bathroom, although floor tiles a little slippery when wet. Comfy bed, slept well.
Like all hotels of this type able to hear other residents coming and going in adjoining rooms and corridors.
Excellent breakfast before leaving.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Tina, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very pleased to see that in overall you had enjoyable stay with us, and appreciated room cleanliness and breakfast. I have also noted your comments in regards to the noise, in order to look into it. Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards, Cristina Serrano

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at the ibis Wellingborough whilst visiting family. Very clean and airy rooms, we had a room at the back of the Hotel. We had some motorway noise but not much. The room would of benefited if it had air con. On the night we stayed it was very hot and we had to leave the windows open Hence motorway noise.Staff very polite and Professional.Great location for Northampton or Wellingborough.

Room Tip: Slight motorway noise at the back of the hotel if you leave your windows open. rooms at the front ar...

Dear Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Wellingborough. I will certainly pass your comments to Sara and Tobi, and to all our team. We work very hard to provide excellence in product and service and we always appreciate it when guests acknowledge our efforts.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Kind Regards, Cristina Serrano

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed here just to simply get away, at first there was a slight mix up with our rooms but the staff were brilliant, very apologetic and did everything they possibly could to make our stay the best it could be. My thanks go especially to Tobi and Sara (I think that is their names!) who were both lovely and seemed to genuinely care about us (which is rare in most chain hotels nowadays). Room was immaculate, overall we had a lovely night, highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. I am very glad to see that you found our team so helpful. All the staff, especially Sara and Tobias, will be very pleased with your comments and I am sure that they will serve as positive encouragement for them. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Best regards,
Cristina Serrano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellingborough
The Hind Hotel
Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre
#18 of 27 in Northampton
6 mi away
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa

Been to Ibis Wellingborough? Share your experiences!