“Excellent hotel for a very reasonable price”

Ibis Wellingborough
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wellingborough
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We chose this hotel even if being used to Premier Inns, because at least here WIFI was free.
The price was 15% cheaper and we were delighted. Not having booked, the hotel being full, they still found us a room after insisting a bit (which was not the case at Premier Inn, by the way).
If the decor and furnishings of the common elements are (too) standard, the room and its amenities: bed, TV, shower were perfect. The hotel is located in a quiet corner near the main road, next to a McDonalds and has free parking.
Breakfast, comprehensive, fully satisfied us. Less well presented than in some more expensive Hotel Chains, it was just as good, varied and plentiful.
Special mention to the staff very welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I can assure you staff will be really happy to read your comments.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Kind regards, Cristina Serrano

Reviewed 20 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights,booked for Alt Festival in Kettering but this was cancelled unfortunately.
Cheap and cheerful in the middle of nowhere. Rooms a bit tired, but for £45 per night it was fine.
Staff helpful and accommodating.
If in the area again would return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandymf

Dear Mandy,
Thank you for your review. We were very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the festival being cancelled. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Kind Regards,
Cristina Serrano

Reviewed 8 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great clean hotel. Nice open reception area which leads to the restaurant. Pool table and TV. Easy to find. Great Friendly staff who are more than willing to help. Variety of food establishments to hand. Definitely use again.

Room Tip: Was a tad warm
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear Tina, Thank you for sharing such a good feedback with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel and facilities offered, and that you found our team helpful, they will all be really proud and glad to read your comments, as they work hard to provide always the best service and product.
Thanks again for taking the time to write your comments about your recent stay with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Kind Regards,
Cristina Serrano

Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for a night before my wife did Tough Mudder. It was £45 and fairly priced. Room was a bit dated but what do you expect for £45. I was really impressed with (buffet) breakfast choices though at check in they said it was £6.95 and I said do I need to pay now to secure that price and they said no. I paid £7.95 the next morning? Still worth it though. Wasn't the Ritz by any means but miles and miles better than a road side diner. I was also impressed with how they dealt with a problem. When I entered the first room they gave me it stunk vile of smoke (no smoking!). I immediately turned round and walked out (not anti smoking I'm an ex smoker but it stunk). They immediately moved me, explained they are trying to stamp it out and made a point of telling me later they were fumigating the room. Not sure why the cleaners didn't spot that? Guess it happens a lot? Summary… I'd stay again. Pub across the road the Priory get's some harsh reviews too. Again not the Ritz but you get what you pay for :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your time and comments. I am pleased that in overall you had enjoyable stay with us at Ibis Wellingborough. I would like to apologize for the smell in the 1st room; I would like to assure you that it doesn’t happen often, but unfortunately time to time, but I am happy to see that staff was helpful and understanding. Regarding the breakfast I would like to confirm that the price is £7.95, without any difference if booked in advance, but please let me apologize for any misunderstood caused.
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback, and we look forward for your next stay.
Kind Regards, Cristina Serrano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellingborough
Travelodge Wellingborough Rushden
#1 of 2 in Sharnbrook
The Stanwick Hotel
The Stanwick Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stanwick

Been to Ibis Wellingborough? Share your experiences!