“Childhood memories”

Wellingborough Museum
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was born in Wellingborough it was great looking round the museum and being reminded of the places no longer there, I loved the zoo as a child and remember pressing my nose against Green & Valentines windows. There are lots of things to see and the children who were there were enjoying the old fashioned games and penny slot machines.
The museum is well worth a visit for the young to learn about the town and the young at heart to relive times gone by.

2  Thank NebM1966

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Definitely worth a visit. Took my granddaughter who had great fun playing the old penny slot machines. History well represented for older ones.

2  Thank jomorganwales
Reviewed 20 May 2014

There are some interesting exhibits and lets face it, it cannot be easy to make Wellingborough look and sound exciting whatever century it may have been. So one really for the locals but I have to say that I am surprised by the size of the shop, I have seen smaller in state museums!

2  Thank Northantstoanywhere
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The museum is quite unexpected with its content. It has a great selection of books on Wellinborough and surrounding towns/villages, a good souvenir-type collection, and the two floors of historical displays (which change) are first-rate. Entry is free and there is a cafe. The site originally housed the local baths.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My son attended with the beavers one night. I allowed a little extra to perhaps have a look round the gift shop before collecting him but was surprised to have full access to a large amount of interesting and surprising displays and activities. I spent a good deal longer than anticipated and frankly will have to return to fully take everything in. I have visited other local museums and this was comparably and technically free (though I recommend a donation as apparently the museum is under threat for funding). Local information, history, hands on activities plenty including for kids.