“Great potential but customer service needs improving at all levels.”

Jungle Parc - Northampton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Northampton
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great potential but customer service needs improving at all levels.”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

The park is great and my son enjoyed the experience. The staff however seemed more interested in each other than the kids. The parc was quiet and it would have been good to have the staff encouraging the kids rather than standing on the hill chatting amongst themselves. I was with my son all the way round but despite being 6ft tall, there were times that I couldn't reach to help him.
In future I will use the Willen Lakes centre as although slightly more expensive the staff focus is on fun and enjoyment for all participants.

1 Thank Beth_Jack_Dudley
julien a, Manager at Jungle Parc - Northampton, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Hi,

I've just read your review and there are a few things I would like to point out, Staff at Jungle Parc are there to train participants and not to walk around the course with them, staff are on the 'Hill' as this is the lookout point at which they can assess the whole childrens course and aid any children that get into difficulty or need help whilst climbing.

The staff at Irchester are generally a happy bunch of climbers who ensure all participants have a fun and happy experience! I would like to offer you the chance to come back and have another session at Irchester & hopefully have a more enjoyable time. Please email me directly maria@jungleparc.co.uk and I will sort it out for you! Kind Regards :) Maria

Chester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant Fun!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We went yesterday & had a great time, staff were brilliant with my little boy who was nervous & my husband & kids went on the Xplorer Course & really enjoyed the range of activities! just read the review below (which happened whilst I was there) all i can say is glad i dont have to deal with customers like that!

will be back in October half term if weather dry, thanks Jungle Parc :)

1 Thank Christine R
taylormnt
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Terrible customer service from the Staff & Management.”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

My 6yr old Son had his birthday party today at the Jungle Parc.
Overall the kids enjoy the Parc but the management & Team have no interest supporting the kids and spent the 2 hours chatting in a group and on two occasions I challenge their service and I was told that ther job is to assist and not supervise. I complained to the management / owner who did not take on board my views.

5 Thank taylormnt
julien a, General Manager at Jungle Parc - Northampton, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Im sorry you did not think our staff were vigilant at our site in Irchester, for the juniour course staff are requested to fully train your children (with parents watching so they understand the continuous saftey system) & after training & staff are happy that the children understand customers are required to take care of their own children, after this staff have to go to their posts to ensure the course is properly surveyed & if children need assistance staff are on hand. staff do not take your children around the course, this is fully explained on the disclaimer you sign & during the training session.

We were aware their was a complaint yesterday & luckily our Director was onsite to witness the situation, it was a quite morning yesterday and as soon as a member of your party needed assistance a staff member was with you to help your son.

It was apparant however that you were not onsite during the party or helping the children around the course but then come over afterwards & were very rude to all our staff members & our director, even though our staff members (4 in total watching the childrens course) were their for your group during the party.

We at Jungle Parc take complaints very seriously however on this occasion we fail to see what the complaint is actually about, our course & managment of the course is annually inspected along with full annual inspections by the Health & Saftey executive. We have a very high saftey record which we are very proud of & we have never had a complaint regarding the saftey of our site or the competence of our staff members.

We do not tolerate rude members of the public speaking to our staff or putting false reviews on Trip Advisor. Everyone with your party told staff they had an excellent time!!
Rushden
“Worth a Visit & a Good Experience!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

After reading some of the Reviews on here I can justify its a worth visiting! I must admit it can get a little expensive for a family. But keep your eyes open for discount codes online. The main course has some easy & difficult challenging sections, So options are given for different abilities or confidence levels. The instructor we had was informative & gave us enough training to complete the hour long course.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“great afternoon out”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I recently took a youth group to Jungle Parc, consisting of boys ages 6-14 and all of them really enjoyed themselves. The younger ones went on an a track specially designed for their age group and the older ones went on the adult one.They all felt it equally challenging. The instructors were friendly and very helpful. As we were a large group the group discount made it a very attractive price for a fantastic afternoon out.

Visited June 2013