See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed there 2nights.
Nothing special, just ok.
Floors need looking at, very noisy when walked on.
You could hear people walking about most nights.
Breakfast is already cooked, serve yourself.
Bacon well done and hard, eggs just warm, beans and sausages were OK. Coffee was ok aswell.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Barry F
Reviewed 12 September 2016

stayed 1 night 10th September 2016 nearly left and went elsewhere now wished I had
The women who own / run it are insolent and rude never had one smile. they talked in a different language at times which I am sure was about us behind our back, the floors are creaky, , we have never felt so uncomfortable, especially when asking questions or trying to talk to them, they argue with you and tell you the problems are usual, my cooked breakfast ( I tried everything ) was all cold when I complained she just said there is a problem but I cannot sort it out she then offered to microwave the food on my plate. I ended up with no food and had to argue for some time before I received a £5.00 refund which is less than what they charge.
The stair well had a disgusting smell like drains where overflowing, sink cracked toilet wall had marks on it which I cannot describe what they were, Light fittings looked rusty and dangerous. Carpets were stained and smelly
On the outside were old mattress's and beds some of the rooms had camp beds.
What a dump never again.
This is not even fit for people working away from home to stay in.
Moved from the room we had booked 15 to room 5 which was noisy all night as it is next to the road.
I have travelled all over the world but never had an experience like this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SueL1595
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

A short one night stay for business. The food was nice and the staff were friendly. There is a small bar, which suited me nicely, for a couple of drinks before bed! The room was fine. I had no problems with my stay and would stay again. I would recommend.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Alfie1210
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We have travelled all over the UK, this is without a shadow of a doubt the worst hotel we have ever stopped in!!!!
The room was filthy, crumbs left from the previous occupant all over the carpet, the shower curtain had a dark brown stain along the seam, sides and bottom YUK!!!! We then found a tub of cottage cheese that had been left on the window ledge behind the curtain from another guest, god knows how long it had been there for. Knobs were missing off the draws, floor boards creaked when ever you walked on them, plus you could hear every floor board in the hotel.
Breakfast.........none of the staff spoke English, trying to get a pot of tea by doing sign language is a joke. Milk & suar was left on the top table, you had to go and fetch yourself. There was a group of us on a northyern soul weekender at the castle, we all refereed to this hotel as the FAULTY TOWERS. If your thinking of stopping here, well, dont waste your money.

Room Tip: Dont Bother!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank fatbloke99
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I have spent two nights in this hotel. The staff is quiet nice and there wasn't any issue except the room itself. I was there for business, so when I checked in I asked for a room with good internet connectivity and so was given a room on the ground floor. The problem is that this hotel is on the main avenue which leads in/out to/from the city so I was able to hear every single car passing by all night long. It was a nightmare! In addition, the beds were not too comfortable either.

So if you are not a heavy sleeper, stay away from this hotel or ask for a room on the opposite side of the main road.

Room Tip: If you are not a heavy sleeper, stay away from this hotel or ask for a room on the opposite side of the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business