See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We looked online and seen pictures and thought this hotel looked stunning, and being prgnant i wanted somewhere that i would be comftable and get a good nights sleep. On arrival we were greated with a very damp smelling and very dated room (nothing like the pictures on the website) we went to reception and asked to be moved, the lady told us to sit and wait while she went off with some keys to find another room. when she finally got back we were pointed to another room when we got there we were very dissapointed AGAIN, the room was very dated, the sofa had stains all over it, there were cobwebs everywhere, the shower was pointless as it had no power and the bed was to small as my partners legs overhung the bed onto the sofa.
The breakfast was very small for what it was priced and the whole stay was horrible, NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!

i wouldnt even let my dog sleep in these rooms they are a discrace.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wills23
Reviewed 12 September 2010

The standard of the hotel is very low and it would need renovating, the breakfast is ok. The location is also ok, there is free parking that is ok.

However I value my sleep and our room was above the kitchen entrance and everytime the door shut our whole room would vibrate not to mention the sound.

We only stayed there one night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PanTob
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I stayed here for 4 days and would not hesitate to recommend it. TheAsian owner/manager was very welcoming and although I am a bit disabled I managed to walk up the stairs to the top floor although I was offered a groundfloor room.It was so quiet and undisturbed. The dining room was really nice - big and well decorated with fresh flowers. Although a buffet breakfast the hot dishes were served by a nice young man wearing white gloves -( what a lovely idea) -who was very polite etc. The room itself was enormous and the bathroom quite big. All so clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. I look forward to a return visit later this year. It's very convenient for all the shops. The side door entrance was well lit and the sight of a huge bowl of fresh lillies as you walked along the coridor was beautiful. Little touches make it a favourite stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Booked 3 rooms at this hotel 2 double & 1 family. On checking in there was a problem with our family room (booked for myself, my husband & our 11yr old son) We was told that the sofa bed in our room had not been arranged & this would be sorted for us. Not a problem as this was 4p.m. & we were going out for a meal. Got into the room & had to open a window as it smelt very damp! The decor was very dated with very questionable stains all over the carpet! We met up with friends & family in the bar & had a couple of drinks before setting off for meal. On our return at 10p.m. we discovered the spare bed had not been sorted in our room We spoke to the owner, who kept walking away without answeing our questions. After at least half hour she marched off & came back with keys to another room expecting our 11 year old son to sleep in his own room!! I refused this option. She eventually admitted she had given our family room to someone else dispite it being booked 2 months earlier! The maagers attitude can only be described as atrocious. At 11.15p.m. she said either use the room or go home!!!
We did stay sleeping 3 in a basic double bed-no sleep for me!
I know and accept mistakes can be made with bookings but her lack of effort to rectify it & horrendous attitude were unacceptable!
On a lighter note breakfast was ok.
We were not charged for our stay but still does not make the experience any better!
I would rather sleep in a bush in the park than return to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Paucambra
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I stayed at the hotel as I was working in wellingborough for the week. I booked last minute and was glad I did as got a good rate on the room £27.50 per night twin room.(usually £65.00 and up).
On arrival we found water to be leaking through the roof of the tv area and dripping onto the television A little dangerous. We were given our keys and went to our room which was very outdated but did seem to be clean,

We had been working all day so I went straight for a shower where I found the tiles on the wall just about hanging on, then half way through the shower 4 of them fell off narrowly missing my feet. We advised the young and helpful receptionist who moved us to another room without hesitation. The next room was also clean enough but also very dated.

One reason I booked this hotel was because of the free wi-fi as i needed to be online to carry out work in the evenings, however this seemingly did not work and when I advised the owner she told me it was working fine and to check my computer, after day 3 and now well behind with my work I approached the young lady again who told me that it was not working correctly and told me how to get onto the internet another way.

The breakfast was priced at £10.50 which is a joke by anyones standard, I thought that Heston Blumenthal may have been cooking but unfortunately not, I was then told they could do it for £7.50 but that was still about £3.50 to much.

As I only paid a third of the price for the room I know I should not complain but its more of a warning for people who may be duped into paying the full price. BEWARE!!!!!!!

I payed Blackpool B&B prices and thats pretty much what I got.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business