“excellent”

The Bull at Towcester
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Towcester
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our friendly pub and restaurant in the heart of Towcester in South Northamptonshire is open seven days a week, and is dedicated to providing our customers with great quality food and drink. When the sun is shining we have a wonderful beer garden for you to enjoy and in the winter months sit inside our cozy bar with open log fire. We serve a delicious range of home made traditional British dishes alongside a selection of starters and mains that have a Mediterranean influence. Our food is freshly prepared in our kitchen by our experienced Chefs using local suppliers and seasonal produce whenever possible.
Northampton, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

couldn't fault it. never been before and we had a voucher . will definitely go back. my partner had an excellent starter. and our steaks were amazing. really good steaks. almost reluctant to go back in case it isn't as good because I will remember that steak for a long time..... although we are already planning to go back with friends. it doesn't look like a posh restaurant I agree but if you are going for the food and service... then you cant go wrong. staff were so friendly and chatty. we ate sat 2nd may

• Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Trying hard”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We bought a deal from Groupon, partly so we had an excuse to visit since it is a short walk for us.

The decor is very nice. I remember when this was a terrible pub, so it is very nice to see it refurbished.

The staff were friendly, the food was nice, but that's it - the food wasn't 'brilliant', and that is what I have come to expect from pubs that convert to restaurants.

This place has a lot of promise, we will visit again.

Visited January 2014
Northampton
“Great Food and Venue”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We had dinner last night at The Bull, using an Amazon voucher. We live nearby and had never been, tend to be creatures of habit, but with a deal decided to give it a go. The bar & restaurant are both large, airy spaces. It was a Friday night so pretty busy. I always worry about how voucher guests will be received but we were treated like any other guest. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. We were able to order anything off the full menu, no restrictions or supplements like other venues do for vouchers. This really impressed me. I had fish cakes to start, very tasty and perfect size for a starter. Followed by a good sized sirloin with peppercorn sauce. Steak was cooked perfectly and was tasty. My husband had Peri Peri Prawns to start. They were very spicy and the prawns were cooked perfectly - not rubbery. He had Pork Belly & Black Pudding as a main. I think the pieces of pork belly were the biggest I have seen! Again, it was very nice. We will definitely be making a return visit as the food was excellent and, we felt, the prices were very reasonable.

Visited May 2014
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Happy Saturday Night”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Bought Amazon deal for our selves and Family.
Had lovely Meal, The food was excellent and so were the staff.
Will be making a return visit. Deal or no Deal.

• Visited April 2014
towcester
“Lunch with family at the Bull.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Hada 15% off voucher as a thank you for updating my details on their website. Food was as enjoyable as always.There is always a guest ale available. Take advantage of the garden in summer. Thoroughly reccommend.

• Visited March 2014