“Not one I enjoyed”

The Bull at Towcester
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Towcester
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our friendly pub and restaurant in the heart of Towcester in South Northamptonshire is open seven days a week, and is dedicated to providing our customers with great quality food and drink. When the sun is shining we have a wonderful beer garden for you to enjoy and in the winter months sit inside our cozy bar with open log fire. We serve a delicious range of home made traditional British dishes alongside a selection of starters and mains that have a Mediterranean influence. Our food is freshly prepared in our kitchen by our experienced Chefs using local suppliers and seasonal produce whenever possible.
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Sorry but the lack of staff and the time I had to wait was that bad I left.
Can't comment on the food because I didn't get the chance to try it.
Maybe I will try it again one day
Just because I've been told the food is good.

5  Thank Ajpg1970

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had visited Stowe Landscape Gardens last Sunday and wanted some 'pub grub' as we headed home to Northampton mid-afternoon. We diverted towards Towcester and happened upon The Bull. They were still serving food until 4pm, so we ordered our drinks and sat down in a fairly quiet restaurant. Many people were sat outside but we chose to go indoors.

The waitress was very attentive and efficient and made sure our order went into the kitchen promptly. I had fishcake salad with side order of chips and my partner ordered the Portuguese steak meal - both were presented well, freshly cooked and very enjoyable.

The food and service were great and good value for money...and the drinks all met expectations too! Will happily return when in the area.

1  Thank julesb176
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We tend to use the Bull about once a month as its our local. A nice and varied menu, couples with a good selection of beer and wine plus very friendly and helpful staff make for a very pleasant experience.

1  Thank Rob T
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited this pub with an Amazon Local voucher. The welcome upon arrival was very friendly and we had a choice of tables as it was not full. The decor is nice and looks very clean. The view through to the bar shows nice leather seating so it looks like they have put quite a bit of effort into the pub.
Menu is varied and good value. Food was very good, restaurant level and plentiful. I had fish cake starters and my wife had breaded mushroom risotto. For main course I wanted the Bitoque (Portuguese dish of steak with accompaniments) unfortunately this had run out so we both had Beef Bourguignon The beef was very tender, the dish full of flavours, and vegetables were spot on. The house wine provided was very palatable and they also had some real ales. We did not try deserts due to be full however, what we saw coming out of the kitchen was very nice. I would recommend giving this restaurant a try; you may need to make a booking especially for Friday/Saturday nights as they can get full. Even without a voucher we will definitely make a return.

1  Thank simonmerriman
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife & I ate at the Bull again last week. As usual, we went for the sharing platter with piri pri prawns fishcakes and lots more. Delicious.

Piri piri chicken and Portuguese Bitoque for mains - also tasty.

There's very often a deal with Amazon or Groupon at the Bull and I recommend you get a voucher and try it!