“Great day”

113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 193 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This was given to me as birthday present and I wasn't disappointed. Booking in was easy and straight forward, staff very helpful. Did get stung for an optional £20 insurance fee before being allowed to drive or if you damage the car you are responsible for the first £1500.

Briefing was informative and we got our helmets and in we got, spent some time behind pace car and then of we went. Time and laps flew over and can't wait to do it again.

Also fir £35 you get a USB pen to plug into the car and you can have a video recording done, it's well worth it. Check out YouTube as plenty of people have posted them and you can learn the track etc.

After racing there is plenty to watch, there is a cafe and gift shop plus you can sit on the bank and watch the Ferrari and other super cars going round the main track.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank psteer

Braintree, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Received this for my 40th birthday. Wow! Extremely well organised.the staff are very thorough. The drivers briefing doesn't sugar coat anything, so I left it feeling nervous. Once in the pits you are issued with a disposable balaclava and a crash helmet, then you are issued a car. Basic controls, as you would expect. The gear shift is on the right, which I thought would take some getting used to. No it didn't, I felt straight at home with it. Getting the car going, took some practice, but once going the acceleration is unbelievable. You have some laps behind a safety car, and then they let you lose on the track by yourself. The 20 minutes flash by so quick. There is an official photographer taking snaps as you drive, or you can buy a USB stick and have a video of your run. At the end you get a print out with your lap times and overall position (second last for me). An amazing experience. I combined it with a tour of Silverstone, which I highly recommend. Roll on the Grand Prix in July.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank 27GV
Leyland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great fun for any would be Lewis Hamilton!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Booked a last minute experience to drive a racing car on 9th March. We have been to Silverstone before and I have driven both a Lamborghini and these racing cars, but on the shorter 'thrill' version.
On previous occasions, there have been quite a few 'supercars' being driven around the main track, but on this occasion, the track was empty. Shame, as we usually spend some time watching and listening to the various exotica being thrashed!
You get an extensive tuition session in a classroom before driving, which is very informative. Once completed, you are given a helmet and gloves, then you are shown to your car. The track itself is the specially designed Stowe Circuit, which allows these racing cars to demonstrate their sheer cornering grip without going at speeds which would probably see us mere mortals having a rather large accident!
At first, you follow the pace car at no more than approx 30mph, where you learn the cornering lines. The pace car gradually sppeds up before you return to the pits, to be let loose on your own.
After a few laps, you really start to build confidence in the car, braking later and pushing the limits of grip available. Certainly brings a smile to your face. All too soon, your drive is over and you return to the pits. The instructor then presented us all with a list of all our lap times.
I had paid extra to have my drive recorded, but unfortunately, the USB stopped working half way through my drive, so it missed my best laps. After complaining to Silversone, at first they said they would probably reimburse me the cost of the USB, but then they contacted me to say they would like me to go back and do my drive again. To say I am pleased with the outcome is an understatement!
Well done Silverstone.
Thoroughly enjoyed the original day out, can't wait for the return.

Visited March 2014
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A Thrilling Experience”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This experience was bought for me for my birthday (august) by my girlfriend. We eventually got it booked and attended this month.
It could not have been better When we arrived we were told that they had to put me back an hour due to track maintainence, to kill some time they offered me a passenger ride in an Aston Martin V8 which was brilliant.
Then the breifing started, and the first thing the instructor said was we couldn't have a better day for this, there was only 3 drivers on track so we had plenty of space, the sun was shining and the track was dry.
After a couple of laps behind the pace car we were let loose, the other two drivers had remembered the blue flag meaning and we all stayed out of trouble.
Einstein stated the faster you go the slower time goes......Bollocks, it was all over in the blink of an eye. Now i'm left Googling formula fords for sale and wishing i was rich!!
I would definately recommend this, just being at Silverstone the home of British racing was a thrill.

1 Thank Trickie1982
Manchester, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Bought this and another experience for my husbands 21st birthday. He LOVED it!
The 'experience' is much better value than the 'thrill' they get more time driving round the track.
Will definitely book more experiences in the future!

Visited March 2014