“Awesome”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Bought for me as a present, yes I moaned a little as to how expensive it was but - OMG what an experience.

Day starts with briefing and safety. You have to remember you are with novices (like me) in a fast powerful car. Then on track well all I can see is if you are into cars and thrill experiences this is a must.

My day was curtailed with rain so we never did any fast laps - but as this was the case i have the experience again free to look forward to - they even honour the £20 insurance I took out.

There is a separate photo experience for £25 giving you a 12 x 10 and all photos on a disc.

1 Thank darrengreenhill

Belfast, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience A+++++”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I got the silverstone single seater experience as a Christmas present from my other half , The present was for the thrill experience but as we were traveling from Northern Ireland we decided to ask if we could change it to the longer driving time , I contacted the experience center by email and within 24 hours they had emailed me to inform me that that was not a problem and that they had an offer on at a lower price than advertised , I promptly paid the extra and a date was set for 17 may 2014 . We arrived at the center on the Saturday morning were we were warmly greeted by two very friendly and pleasant check in girls who explained the next part of the day , After a short wait about 20 minutes we were called into the briefing room by are instructor who made us feel at ease with some lite hearted banter, Then the instructor gave us a short safety briefing before played a video on the racing lines cornering and braking ect , Please don't be put of by this part it really is light hearted and explained very simply. After about 30 min it's over to the the pit lane garages to see a race car and a simple 5 min gear changer and cockpit briefing , We then got are crash helmets on and were ready to go . The cars from the last session came in and we were allocated are cars , Then the very friendly pit crew strapped us in and explained the dash board to us . As we were told in the briefing you can stall the cars when first trying to move of the line , Guess what I stalled not once but 4 times lol , I must add you were never made to feel uneasy at this point or under pressure to get going , Now we are all moving we follow the pace cars who show us the racing lines and as are confidence grew we got faster , After about about 20 minuets we pitted and moved places . After a short break it was back out onto the track for a few more laps to warm up again behind the pace car who then pitted and we were free to race for about 25 laps of the track . After the chequered flag you have a debriefing from your instructor and are given a printout of your lap times , speed , position ect . All in all this was a fantastic day and Experience I am looking forward to doing again . Thank you to all the team at the Silverstone single seater Experience for a great day :-)

Overall rating

245 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 302 helpful votes
“Really great fun”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I got this for the bloke, and he loved it so much that he has got me to book this for him a second time. I took photographs and recorded him racing.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank rebeljenn
Merseyside
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 198 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This was given to me as birthday present and I wasn't disappointed. Booking in was easy and straight forward, staff very helpful. Did get stung for an optional £20 insurance fee before being allowed to drive or if you damage the car you are responsible for the first £1500.

Briefing was informative and we got our helmets and in we got, spent some time behind pace car and then of we went. Time and laps flew over and can't wait to do it again.

Also fir £35 you get a USB pen to plug into the car and you can have a video recording done, it's well worth it. Check out YouTube as plenty of people have posted them and you can learn the track etc.

After racing there is plenty to watch, there is a cafe and gift shop plus you can sit on the bank and watch the Ferrari and other super cars going round the main track.

1 Thank psteer
Braintree, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Received this for my 40th birthday. Wow! Extremely well organised.the staff are very thorough. The drivers briefing doesn't sugar coat anything, so I left it feeling nervous. Once in the pits you are issued with a disposable balaclava and a crash helmet, then you are issued a car. Basic controls, as you would expect. The gear shift is on the right, which I thought would take some getting used to. No it didn't, I felt straight at home with it. Getting the car going, took some practice, but once going the acceleration is unbelievable. You have some laps behind a safety car, and then they let you lose on the track by yourself. The 20 minutes flash by so quick. There is an official photographer taking snaps as you drive, or you can buy a USB stick and have a video of your run. At the end you get a print out with your lap times and overall position (second last for me). An amazing experience. I combined it with a tour of Silverstone, which I highly recommend. Roll on the Grand Prix in July.

Visited April 2014