“A relaxing experience”

The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall
Ranked #8 of 16 things to do in Towcester
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I purchased a day spa experience for my daughter and her partner as a treat. They both enjoyed their day, the food and the overnight stay. The hotel went out of their way to provide a special diet for my daughter - all staff were both helpful and courteous. Next time we may well stay as a family.

WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Prudence204

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor review.

We are so pleased that your daughter and her partner had a really enjoyable and relaxing spa day and overnight stay and that her dietary requirements were so well catered for. We do hope that you will all have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

When the word spa is mentioned you think of a relaxing experience, however this wasn't the case with me. This was my first time at Whittlebury and it was something to remember because I got ROBBED!

I had pre-booked treatments online but I wasn't given any time slots and I wasn't informed I would receive any confirmation in regards to booking time slots for the treatments. For that reason, I assumed I could arrange a time when I arrive, however when I arrived I was told I had missed my appointments - even though I wasn't given a time?. Whats more disappointing is that I wasn't given a refund, credit note or a cancellation appointment.

Talk about crap customer service and because of this I lost £120. Even the assistant manger was unhelpful, rude and daft.

For future customers booking treatments online, call the spa to arrange your time slots otherwise you'll lose your money because there website isn't clear at all. At the end of the day, it should be their responsibility to confirm appointment times with us rather than us calling up to find out.

WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Manisha B

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review

As was discussed with you when speaking to the manager on the day and in further communications with your party all the information regarding the allocation of treatment times is included in the 'Preparing for your Visit' and it is clearly highlighted on the website that this information is an important must read for all guests prior to their stay. Treatment times are allocated on the day and an arrival time of 10am is stipulated for overnight spa guests so that they do not run the risk of missing their treatments and that should you arrive late this could result in your treatment being cancelled with full charge. Unfortunately on the day, due to the late time of arrival, there was no availability to reschedule your treatments either after they had been missed.

Regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was staying at the hotel and thought a day spa for £99 with two hours of treatments was a good deal - I was somewhat mistaken! An exercise class with yelling and stomps disrupted my massage and the shower was full of mould (ew!) but when I mentioned this at the front desk NOTHING was suggested to resolve this problem. I decided not to push this as I wanted to have a relaxing day but essentially this spa is uncared for and the spa staff are in the main uncaring.

WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear MrsBOfH

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review following your recent visit to Whittlebury Hall

We are sorry to read that your experience of The Day Spa did not meet your expectations and that you were dissatisfied with some areas of the service. If you would be kind enough to contact us at guestrelations@whittleburyhall.co.uk we would be happy to discuss your comments and experience with you further.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was my 50th birthday treat from my daughter. we arrived at reception and given our packets containing times of treatments and door bands. Our treatments were 10 am then 11 am would have been nice to have had them after we had been in the spa so our lovely facials and massage oils continued to work not washed off straight away. But the biggest problem for us was the changing rooms they are awful worse than a school changing room, far to many people in a small area lockers around the edges and a bench in the middle so lots of people trying to use the door bands which don't work, everywhere you stand you are in the way, also no privacy at all would be nice if like Champneys there was some nice cubicles. The showers are a joke you push a button for the water which runs for 20 seconds so 100 pushes for a shower. 3 hairdryers for 100+ lockers not enough. It would be nice for complimentary juices,tea and coffee available instead of just water.

Dear anniegnuneaton

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review following your recent visit to The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall.

We are happy to read that you had lovely facials and seem to have enjoyed the facilities in general. Your comments regarding the changing rooms have certainly been taken on board and passed on to the Spa and Leisure Club managers.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This was a 40th birthday celebration, and so I didn't really know what to expect.

I don't really know how to put into words the experience. I laughed a lot, but for the wrong reasons. The queues of people in identical robes being directed around like sheep. The disorganised treatments (they cannot give you the time for your treatment until the morning you arrive) we around in a queue for 40 minutes to check in.

We were given a 45 minute designated lunch spot. This isn't luxury, it's more of a prison. There was no natural light in a conference room where we ate awful food. There must have been over 150 people in the same area.

All I can say is, don't go!

2  Thank Sarah D
WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Sarah D

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review following your visit to The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall.

We are sorry to read that on this occasion you did not enjoy your spa day. If you could contact us at guestrelations@whittleburyhall.co.uk we would be happy to discuss your experience with you further.