“Great inexpensive spar”

The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall
Ranked #8 of 16 things to do in Towcester
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have been here a few times and have always enjoyed it. The surroundings are beautiful and decor very tasteful and relaxing. The treatments are always very very good and of a high standard. The duvet room is a bit strange at first and not great if you get the giggles!!! As my house is not far from here I would always choose here for a day spa.

WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Eatingoutlots

Thank you for your excellent TripAdvisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in April.

We are delighted that once again you had a really enjoyable and relaxing spa day with us and that you were pleased as always with the treatments and facilities too. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My friend and I booked this about a month ago and did not know what to fully expect. On reading some of the trip advisor reviews just before setting off I thought "Oh dear this is a potential disaster!" People complaining of poor service, poor staff, dirty showers, noise etc but can I just assure anyone wanted a great spa- this is for you. My friend and I had a wonderful time. We spent two hours in the ice and heat section - wonderful, then rested in reception areas with complimentary water, fruit and herbal teas. Our 25 minute treatment was very well done and followed a most amazing lunch - food was just wonderful, then we lounged for a couple of hours around the main pool with more chances to steam and sauna and topped the day off with a great evening meal with wonderful service. The next day we had a fab breakfast and I booked a hair appointment, which was as good as any cut and blow I receive from my local hairdresser. Talk about value for money, at £99 for all of that - no complaints. A little note to hotel would be air conditioning in the room, I am being petty now, on the whole a massive recommendation and I will for sure return.

1  Thank 912KarenG
WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear 912KarenG

Thank you for your excellent TripAdvisor review following your recent visit to Whittlebury Hall.

We are delighted that both you and your friend had such a wonderful and relaxing spa day and overnight stay with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed all of the wonderful facilities that are available. Your fabulous comments about the food and service have been passed on to the relevant teams as well.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I returned to whittlebury in March with five friends some of us had been before for two it was their first time. From our point of view could not fault it.
The club rooms were lovely, staff more than helpful, food great and the full back massage out of this world!!
I booked a pedicure at extra cost to package, best £50 I've spent in along time!
I've booked for August again this year as it's my birthday on the Sunday when we arrive staying over till Monday so we will both have the pedicure as a treat , can't wait !!
Well done Whittlebury Spa x

WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Londongirlselly

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in March.

We are delighted to read that you all had such a fantastic time with us and that you enjoyed everything from the quality of rooms and food to the excellent treatments and service. We look forward to welcoming you back again in August for another wonderfully relaxing break.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I purchased a day spa experience for my daughter and her partner as a treat. They both enjoyed their day, the food and the overnight stay. The hotel went out of their way to provide a special diet for my daughter - all staff were both helpful and courteous. Next time we may well stay as a family.

WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Prudence204

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor review.

We are so pleased that your daughter and her partner had a really enjoyable and relaxing spa day and overnight stay and that her dietary requirements were so well catered for. We do hope that you will all have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

When the word spa is mentioned you think of a relaxing experience, however this wasn't the case with me. This was my first time at Whittlebury and it was something to remember because I got ROBBED!

I had pre-booked treatments online but I wasn't given any time slots and I wasn't informed I would receive any confirmation in regards to booking time slots for the treatments. For that reason, I assumed I could arrange a time when I arrive, however when I arrived I was told I had missed my appointments - even though I wasn't given a time?. Whats more disappointing is that I wasn't given a refund, credit note or a cancellation appointment.

Talk about crap customer service and because of this I lost £120. Even the assistant manger was unhelpful, rude and daft.

For future customers booking treatments online, call the spa to arrange your time slots otherwise you'll lose your money because there website isn't clear at all. At the end of the day, it should be their responsibility to confirm appointment times with us rather than us calling up to find out.

WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Manisha B

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review

As was discussed with you when speaking to the manager on the day and in further communications with your party all the information regarding the allocation of treatment times is included in the 'Preparing for your Visit' and it is clearly highlighted on the website that this information is an important must read for all guests prior to their stay. Treatment times are allocated on the day and an arrival time of 10am is stipulated for overnight spa guests so that they do not run the risk of missing their treatments and that should you arrive late this could result in your treatment being cancelled with full charge. Unfortunately on the day, due to the late time of arrival, there was no availability to reschedule your treatments either after they had been missed.

Regards