“Affordable, Quality Offering & Friendly”

The Castle Inn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bramber
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

After arranging this hotel at the last minute on a business trip I didn't expect much... I have stayed in some great places, but equally some absolutely horrendous hotels and B&B's...

What I got was excellent food and a spacious, well furnished, clean room... With Sky TV thrown in!

The staff were great, especially as I arrived 10 minutes before they stopped serving food, nothing was too much trouble...

My only criticism was the car park, it seems to fill quickly and couldn't accommodate my van (long wheel base sprinter), I did manage to park on the street outside without any issues...

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights on our tour of southern England and enjoyed it immensely. Being an older building,it had a bit of character to it and the room we had was a good size with plenty of space.We also ate here on both nights and have to say the food was very good indeed, I think it is possibly one of the very few times my steak and my husbands' were cooked to absolute perfection(medium rare and medium). I also ordered eggs benedict for breakfast one of the mornings and it was lovely.We also walked up to the old norman church and the remains of the castle which was definitely worth a visit.Bramber itself is a little village but so picturesque! would recommend a visit if in the west sussex area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I travel along the South Coast on business and am always looking for places to stay that I can return to. The Castle is one of these. The accommodation is good and spacious, the beer excellent, especially the 'Harveys' and the food is great. I now don't have to look for anywhere else around the Brighton area.
Come on 'Tigers'

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night as my husband had a job interview in worthing the following day. We didn't want to pay a lot for a room as we would arrive late and leave early so we booked the budget double for £55 including breakfast. This was such a bargain. The room was described as small but more than adequate for our needs. It could do with some redecoration but was perfectly clean. There was a good choice for breakfast which was freshly cooked. I had eggs benedict which was delicious. Bramber is a gorgeous village, just a shame we didn't have longer to explore.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Castle Inn on Saturday night after deciding we wanted to find somewhere nice to stay on a weekend away. I looked through the reviews for the Castle Inn and they all seemed really positive so I booked us in there, and it was the right decision. We were put in a lovely, clean and beautifully decorated double bedroom in an annexe just on the other side of the car park from the pub so it was lovely and quiet and we woke to hear birds tweeting outside which is always lovely and one of the many things we love about the countryside. The Castle Inn is in a great location, 2 mins walk from the remains of the Castle and has a lovely Indian and Chinese restaurant next door, we opted for the Indian and it was delicious. The town is lovely to walk through and Upper Beeding is also within a 8 minute walk, with another quaint little pub to visit. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would whoeheartedly recommend it anyone else. Oh, and the bed was extremely comfortable too :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tara G
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

After being invited to a wedding reception at the Castle i had to write a review. The staff were extremely helpfull, the service excellent, the room was very clean and the beds very comfy!.....the wedding meal was hot and delivered at the same time as all the other guests!....but the best bit for me was the cooked breakfast all of which was cooked to a tee and no sloppy bacon and the eggs done properly and not swimming with fat!!!. Well done The Castle Bramer!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Myself and a friend stayed for 2 nights in September. I wasn't sure what to expect as i had read mixed reviews. Do not believe any bad reviews you read, this place is lovely. The setting is beautiful. The rooms are spotless and the beds are very very comfy. The staff at the hotel are friendly, and the food is fantastic. The breakfast was beautiful, and the steak i have to say is probably the best steak i have ever eaten. This place is a little gem, and i will be using it again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bramber
Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel
Malmaison Brighton
#14 of 43 in Brighton
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa

Been to The Castle Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!