“Guinot Facial” 2 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Chakra Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Chakra Spa is an area of pure indulgence where guests can relax and unwind whilst rejuvenating their minds, bodies and souls in peaceful surroundings. Why not immerse yourself in complete luxury with a pampering treatment in one of the Felbridge Spa's five fully equipped contemporary treatment rooms using Elemis products? With pampering treatment specialists on hand with these indulgent beauty treatments, you will never want to leave.The Chakra Spa also boasts two Jessica nail bars as well as our hair dressing salon.
Essex, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Guinot Facial”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

As a Guinot qualified therapist and salon owner, I was given a voucher for a Guinot Hydradermie facial in 2013 by my husband. The therapist did not even do a consultation with me to see if I had any allergies, and really cut corners with the treatment - the complete opposite to how we were trained with Guinot! She did not use the right products either, which I could tell by the scents!!

I complained to the manager who offered me a voucher as a gesture of goodwill. I returned in March 2014 to redeem the voucher and had a much worse experience. The technique, products used, and therapist knowledge was extremely poor. Although I mentioned to the therapist that Im also a Guinot trained therapist, thinking she would pay more attention to detail, she told me "this was how I was trained by Guinot". I found that very hard to believe, as Guinot trains to a very high standard and expect us (their therapise) to keep up this standard when working in our various salons.

I feel very sorry for the general public going in there for a Guinot facial, especially if they don't know what to expect. I am absolutely disgusted and WILL NOT be returning there for any treatments, nor will I be recommending friends and family. What a shame!

Visited March 2014
6 Thank GeniusM2014

Woking
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lovely staff but lack of lockers, showers, toilets etc.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have just been on a day package to the The Felbridge Hotel Chakra Spa in East Grinstead. Firstly, the positives are the staff are very warm and welcoming and the swimming pool and jacuzzi are okay. However, the tiny ladies changing room is just ridiculous as is the number of showers and toilets - just 2 of each! When we visited on 24th May 2013 there were no lockers available for us to store our bags and clothes in so had to carry all our belongings around with us for the day! In fairness to the staff they did offer that a male member of staff could lock them away in the men's changing room for us. This would have been very annoying to keep having to find him and then wait for him to produce your bag several times in the day as any mum knows that even on a spa day you do have to check your phone to ensure that the home front arrangements are still okay!
The treatments were fine particularly the back, shoulders and neck massage but the facial was somewhat lacking and short - usually you have a full 30 minutes for this at other venues mine was somewhere in the region of 15-20minutes.
The actual layout of the spa has not been thought through very well as you have to wait in Reception to be called for treatments and the only relaxation area is by the jacuzzi so unless you are changed out of your outside clothes you cannot use it.
The lunch was lovely although it would be better if direct access from the spa could be given to the part of the restaurant set aside for spa users. This would prevent you having to walk through main areas of the hotel in your robe and past business people having lunch.
Overall the staff and lunch made the day okay but wouldn't revisit again due to the lack of thought over certain areas.

Visited May 2013
Horsham, West Sussex
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Mixed experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

The staff were warm, friendly and exceedingly helpful and pleasant, the dining experience was fabulous but what numpty thought having a spa with no relaxation area or a conference area walkway through it was a good idea? Whilst waiting for your treatments you sit on comfy chairs in what is fundamentally a corridor to the ballroom so all the suited and booted walk pass and clearly human nature is to look and comment. Plus 2 showers for all
Those women doh that doesn't work. Could be great but only on extremely quiet days or with some serious remodelling.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank HorshamLass
West Sussex, England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I went here for a midweek spa day with my 16 year old daughter. We loved it. Quiet, relaxing and wonderful treatments. Pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room were lovely and the perfect temperature in the morning, although the pool and jacuzzi were a little cool in the afternoon, still enjoyable though. Lunch at the restaurant was delicious and catered for me being vegetarian. We enjoyed the gym too but it was very small (only one bike, treadmill, rower and cross trainer) so I think it would be hard to get on anything in busy periods. The spa staff were excellent and very attentive. The only thing I thought it was missing was a relaxation room with loungers where people could chill out in soft lighting (as is usual in most spas). Having said that, we would highly recommend the Chakra Spa and would definitely go back there again.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank DilligafDilligaf
Chichester, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Speaks for itself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

The peace and quiet were amazing, as was the service and friendliness of the staff. Everywhere was so clean and relaxing. Well worth the money.

Visited October 2012