Gothic House
Agoda.com
US$98
US$79
CrownePlaza.com
Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel(East Grinstead)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$124
US$75
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Roebuck Hotel(Forest Row)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$241
US$234
US$133
US$117
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshigh streetfour poster bedthree roomsb and blarge bathroomnext morningone night staycromwellsackvillecjstvnoise
Reviewed 3 November 2013

One almost feels as if you have taken a step back in time when entering the Sackville room with its heavy red tapestry curtains, 4 poster and large wardrobe. Atmosphere is fabulous and surprisingly the rest of the suite has been upgraded to the "best of" with a large shower and bath tub. I was disappointed not be supplied with a face cloth. Still trying to work out how the English wash themselves. A little noisy for a light sleeper.... quietens down after midnight and then there is the church bell. True reflection of the name!

Cleanliness, staff and breakfast all superb. Free wifi. A memorable stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank momand
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Friendly staff, interesting building and room, good location and excellent breakfast. I enjoy staying at individual hotels likes this much more than that the rather bland, indifferent and uniform hotel chains.
Arrived at night and so was a little surprised to pull back the curtains and find that my room overlooked the graveyard (I should have guessed from the name!)
Bed was a bit too soft for me, but most people would like that!
Tip: Good gastro-pub food in bar downstairs, English breakfast is better than most.

Room Tip: Rooms at back overlook church, rooms at front the High Street
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank grahamrp
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night when attending a wedding near by.The Cromwell room was small but perfectly formed,beautifully decorated and felt very homely.It overlooked the church yard which meant it was lovely and quiet overnight.The staff were very friendly and breakfast was good too in the lovely cafe bar downstairs. The only tiny thing that let it down was a creaky bed!Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I spent one night in the Gothic House, I found it really clean and very quaint. I loved the room I was in, it looked right over the Church grounds and was very quiet, great if you have travelled thousands of miles.
It would have been nice to know where to leave the keys, so I left them in a cup and not in view just in case.
The only gripe I have, is I asked for gluten free breakfast as I was leaving very early the next day to drive over 500 miles and they forgot my tray!! I was starving by the time I got to the highway however, they did email me to apologise and then reimbursed £5.00 to my account.
I would indeed go there again, I loved the decor, very peaceful and soothing.

Room Tip: It seems to me all the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mctutums
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The Gothic House is in a great location in East Grinstead High Street. Entry is via CJs bar which is lively and busy. Staff were excellent and couldn't do enough. The suite was amazing, with a wonderfully comfortable four poster bed , and luxurious bath/shower room with a lovely roll top bath. Breakfast (served in CJs) was delicious and all cooked fresh to order. Quite expensive, but worth it. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple