“A fairytale wedding!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Felbridge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
“A fairytale wedding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

I wanted to write this review so much to share how amazing the felbridge are! I honestly still can't believe any negative reviews stated on here!
Both me and my now husband decided to have our wedding at this venue and were amazed with the service we received!
I was booked into a luxury junior suit the night before the wedding so I could do preparations in the room prior to the and Mohammad (an asset to the hotel) upgraded me to the honeymoon suit with a free bottle of champaign (which was very much needed/enjoyed!!) This meant I had more space to get ready and that I didn't have to worry about moving my stuff that day as both me and my now husband were booked into there for our wedding night! Upon arrival they helped me with all of my wedding bits and pieces, my dress and cases to my room and the ballroom.
As for the events staff ... Skyla made our wedding as relaxed as possible .. All throughout the planning of the wedding including tiny details. She was there throughout the day knocking on my door as myself and now husband were getting ready - checking all was ok, always ensuring all went to plan and even doing things for me like putting my veil in the room for me when I took it off to keep it safe and placing a suprise letter I had written for my parents in their room before she went home .. I even thought I forgot my room card .. But then realised she knew I'd forgotten it walking to the ceremony and put it in my bag that she organised to put under the table in the morning!
Even the reception staff were amazing helping us store our wedding bits in a room later so we could leave later from the hotel!
As you can tell I have nothing but praise for this hotel and can not wait to spend my 1st anniversary there which has been offered complimentary as a thank you!!

Lisa (a very happy bride!)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Lisajhunter85
CarlRundgren, Manager at Felbridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear Newlyweds

Its brilliant that you had a fabulous wedding with us and that the service received was attentive throughout the planning phase of the wedding all the way to the actual event itself. Your wedding day is a very special day for both of you and to hear that so many members of the team, and specifically Skyla and Mohammed made your day very special, is just great to read. I will ensure that all of those mentioned read your review as well as passing on your compliments to the meetings and events team that ran the wedding on the day. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your 1st anniversary next year. Oh and I do hope that the honeymoon was brilliant and that the travel out there was ok? Thanks again for posting your splendid review and enjoy the rest of your honeymoon.

Kind Regards
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Hungarian first
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed for 1 night in a superior double room. Check in was easy and the staff were very accommodating and friendly. It was spacious and well equipped with tea and coffee facilities, an iron, ironing board, toiletries,bath robes, slippers,hair dryer and a fridge for your own use. We had lunch in the bar upon arrival which was very nice with excellent service. We then went to use the spa facilities. The changing room facilities were clean and spacious. The pool and area were smaller than I expected but still very nice, clean and well looked after. We spent 3 hours in the pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi which was lovely and relaxing. We then went to the Bay Tree for dinner which was absolutely delicious. We did have a bit of a wait for our dinner but it was a Saturday night and they were very busy and we didn't order a starter so expected to wait a while anyway. Staff were helpful and efficient. Had a good night sleep and had a lovely refreshing shower in the morning loved the the jets in the wall. Breakfast was delicious although supplies were running a bit low as we arrived 15 mins before the end but they still replenished supplies quickly. Staff again were extremely helpful. We had a late check out so went back to the room to pack and chill out for an hour before we left. Over all a lovely relaxing stay with extremely friendly and helpful staff that made our stay even more special.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room right at the back of the hotel. It was quiet and comfortable. With good...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your kind comments. I am glad that our staff looked after you so well and were seen as being both friendly and helpful and that the service received throughout your say was attentive. Thank you for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Chertsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed here on a Tuesday night in March and was well looked after. Spa facilities are great, sauna, steam room, pool and jacuzzi for a great relax. Booked a Junior Suite and had King Size bed and seperate sitting area, which was nice. Pillows on the bed were not to my liking so nights sleep could have been better but a minor negative. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: bring pillows from home....just in case! :)
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sim0n1969
CarlRundgren, Manager at Felbridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Dear Sim0n1969

It was great to have you stay at the hotel again. Its always great to hear from returning guests and particularly pleasing that you really enjoyed this stay after the problems you experienced during your last stay with us. From all the team we are looking forward to wlecoming you back again soon.

Best Wishes

Deputy General Manager
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had a lovely stay here. The hotel staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. I had requested a quiet room which we got without any fuss. the room was clean and had everything we needed. The spa area was lovely.

1 Thank carrie m
A top notch review, it was a pleasure accommodating your request. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stayed for two nights after returning to the uk. Hotel is very good for the price we paid although bit disappointed with the spa. The pool was cold and water looked dirty. Loved the steam room but the sauna was out of order. There are a few loungers to relax but these were already being used by local regulars that use the spa.
Our room was lovely, nicely decorated and a comfy bed. You need to look in the wardrode to find the tea making facilities!
We had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant included in our package and the food was lovely. It did take a long time to get our food at dinner but it was worth the wait as it was all cooked fresh and delicious.
The staff were all very nice and the hotel overall was very good. Would not hesitate to use this hotel in the future although wouldnt really call it a spa hotel as if I had gone purely for use of the spa facilities I would have been very disappointed. Most of the guests when we stayed were there for business and didnt really use the spa.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank for leaving your comments, it is great to read how much you enjoyed the staff, your meal in the restaurant as well as the actual room. I would like to apologise for the maintenance issues we were experiencing in our sauna. This has been rectified by an engineer but not until after you had departed.

Your comments regarding the water quality is worrying but I would like to assure yourself and all readers of this website that regular pool water tests are completely throughout everyday to check on the quality of the water within the pool area. If any of these checks come back with any negative results then this would be immediately actioned and rectified.

Kind Regards
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

I was taken there by my husband for my 30th. The hotel doesnt really look particularly special from the outside but the spa was great and the food was fantastic. The rooms are also very comfortable and the breakfast the following morning was also good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank croyox
A great review, and very pleasing to see we have hit the mark on all aspects of your stay. I will pass your great comments onto the entire team. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Best Wishes

Driffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed for one night prior to flying from Gatwick. It was easy to find, and has a large car park. The welcome at reception was friendly and our room and bathroom were fine. We were disappointed with the restaurant. My husband described his soup as having the texture and taste (not entirely sure how he knew the latter) of wallpaper paste - and my risotto was pretty texture-less. The service though was charming.
The arrangements for the morning taxi transfer to Gatwick were superb. The driver was waiting for us before the appointed time and the same gentleman picked us up again two weeks later. Impressive service.
We would happily use this hotel again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay with us before leaving for your holiday. Its great to hear that you found the hotel and its staff most accommodating. I have passed on your comments to our chef about the textureless risotto and soup but I am really not sure what we can do to improve these particular dishes on that side of things? If you have any secrets then please feel free to get in touch, as we would be all ears.

Overall its great to hear that the stay with us more than met your expectations and we are looking forward to wecoming you back before your next holiday.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Grinstead
Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel
#3 of 4 in East Grinstead
Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Felbridge Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!