“Post review of hotel”

Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We are travelling from Gatwick and staying at crown plaza,we have stayed at Felbridge spa on two occasions in the past,we always stay in a airport hotel before travelling,whilst in this hotel,we discussed why we didn't choose Felbridge this time and the only reason was the temperature of the swimming pool.its too cold,otherwise we would choose Felbridge everytime we travel out of Gatwick.please Felbridge invest in some heating for the pool and we will be back everytime!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a post review on the hotel. It could have been a one off occasion when the pool temperature was lower than normal.

I can assure you that its all working well and efficiently. It will be a great pleasure to welcoming you back in Felbridge hotel.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We used this hotel for an overnight stop-over before an early morning flight from Gatwick and for two weeks car parking. Check-in for us and our car was quick and efficient and we found our room comfortable, clean and well-equipped. Our dinner was excellent with service to match. A slight hiccup was a full-scale evacuation following the fire alarm going off. Fortunately it turned out to be nothing serious although the emergency services turned out in force. The whole incident was handled with brilliant efficiency by the hotel staff who handed out free hot drinks and foil blankets and kept us informed of what was happening.
Our taxi turned up on time to take us to the airport and our return was just as efficient.
We would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your feedback you have recently placed on trip advisor following your recent stay at the Felbridge.

Its wonderful to read that you were well impressed with the hotel facilities including the taxi transfers. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused due to fire alarm but glad that staff members handled very well.

We hope to welcoming you back in near future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Have just returned from overnight stay as a birthday getaway. It was a late booking and reasonably priced (especially via booking.com with topcashback!) but had to upgrade (at £15 additional cost) to superior room as the standard was tiny! Second room had smell of bad drains from the bathroom so we were moved next door. In the words of Goldilocks the third bed(room) was "just right!"

We used the swimming pool and relaxation area but didn't stay long as it was extremely busy and so not at all relaxing - there was a hen party using the spa. There were no available spa treatment slots so we went to find a quiet area to sit and chill out with a book. All the communal areas with chairs were busy or provided a walkway to a different part of the hotel - eg there are comfy chairs situated in the hotel lobby and along the corridor to bar and restaurants. We ended up sitting in the bar, which was fairly quiet for an hour or so.

Didn't eat there so can't comment on the food. Bed was comfy and we slept well despite someone hoovering the floor above us at 8:45am the next morning! All in all a nice hotel but wouldn't recommend for a relaxing getaway - especially not at a weekend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your views and writing a review on the hotel.
Whilst no excuse we do get busier on the weekends and we advise our guests to pre book their treatments to avoid any disappointments however we do our best to accommodate late requests. My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Felbridge in near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

A group of us stayed here for a girls weekend away. The treatments included in the package were very relaxing, the food was lovely - especially the afternoon tea. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable with friendly staff. The spa facilities are clean and well maintained. It was the perfect way to relax for a weekend and good value too.

• Stayed: February 2014
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a nice review on the hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that your group enjoyed the stay here and found our hotel as the good place to relax and that you were impressed with the food.

I will look forward for you and your group to visit us again in not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

A wonderful relaxing hotel. Great Spa to unwind and pamper yoursel, a gym swimming pool everything you need to treat yourself. The rooms are first class the hotel is clean great decor and the Taff so friendly, nothing is to much trouble, will be going back for sure x

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda A

Dear Guest

On behalf of the entire Felbridge team I would like to thank you for posting such a fabulous review and writing such a good comments about us

It will be my pleasure to share your comments with all the team members

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I went away for a little spa break and this was the hotel I chose. The rooms are great and everything is provided. The staff are friendly, professional and very well- trained. Food and service superb. The downside was the last day. I wanted to spend some leisurely time in the hot tub. Unfortunately the water was was freezing cold as the thermostat was not working.No-one's fault really. Just disappointing as this was the whole purpose of my stay at this hotel - the use of the spa and hot tub.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and facilities and our staff members.

Our sincere apologise that the we could not operate Jacuzzi on the day due to thermostat broke down but surely you will get to enjoy this on your next visits.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in near future

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed here as had an important hospital appointment close by.

We were also excited to take our young son (5 months old) swimming for the first time. On arrival we were happy with our room, although I had to pay for a 'superior' room so we could fit a cot in! Which was approx an extra £15!

Then on visiting the pool we were told last entry at 8, but told by somebody else that it sits at 8 leaving me feeling that perhaps they wanted to get away early at the expense of our experience in the pool.

Then our stay was yet again made difficult as there were no facilities to be able to undress my son. No facilities to change his nappy or no facilities to place him whilst I got ready to enter the pool. Overall that was a complete nightmare.

The pool was quiet, and eventually trying to find somewhere 'safe' to undress my son we eventually entered the pool which was warm and quiet.

After our swim it was extremely difficult to get my son dry and dressed without any baby changing facilities. He became quite upset with the fussing about which was inevitable given the circumstances.

I then rushed back to our room with an upset baby to then not be able to enter my room! I had my son wrapped in a towel, bag on my back and a changing bag. ( room was quite a distance from reception). I then found a chair in the ever so long corridor to sit and comfort my baby by breastfeeding trying to find my mobile to ring reception for assistance to ENTER my room. I was on my own to. A receptionist came quickly to open the door thankfully as my son was getting extremely upset by this point.

Overall the hotel was clean and staff friendly. But couldn't help but feel that family's were not that welcome. Perhaps this is the intention as it is a 'spa' maybe??! But shouldn't state that family's welcome when they are clearly not catered for.

Loved the bed it was extremely comfy!

What was

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Mirandalh

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in placing a review on trip advisor following your recent stay in the hotel.
I can assure you that leisure staff had no intentions of escaping early and it is correct that we allow the last entry at 20:00 and we close our pool for guests at 21:00 however I am sorry for the misunderstanding.
As we are a Spa hotel and majority of the facilities in the leisure area are associated with adults but we truly welcome families in all areas of the hotel. I agree that our spa in terms of the extent of children’s facilities is not that varied compared to some other child friendly hotels. We have taken your comments on board and we will look into making improvements on children’s facilities in our future works. My sincere apologise for the inconvenience this has caused to you.
I hope to welcome you back in near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Grinstead
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!