Recently stayed at the Felbridge hotel and spa with my boyfriend after spending a couple of nights at Thorpe Park we decided to pass through East Grinstead to see some family. Because of the last minute decision, we didn't have chance to pre-book but drove around a few hotels in the area and thought that this seemed the nicest. Slightly pricey but after a tiring few days we wanted somewhere comfortable to rest. Walked in to the hotel to ask if there was any availability for the night and the price (£81 room only - breakfast was an extra £14.95 each on top which after the stay we opted out of) and were given the information by a very unfriendly and uptight young lady at the front desk. We paid in cash and a swipe of my card was taken as normal procedure in hotels. She roughly described to us where the room was without any smile or friendly hospitable banter AT ALL. The halls of the hotel smelt musty and maybe a little damp but our worst disappointment was the room. IT WAS A BOX. Hot, sweaty and not the cleanest of rooms I have stayed in. Literally could not believe we paid £81 for this room. The bed was tiny, uncomfortable and the pillows were horrid. We found hairs in the bed, the shower head had mold on and after pulling out the hair dryer which was COVERED in dirt, my partner wanted to leave. I finally persuaded him to just ride the one night out and we would leave early in the morning. We were going out with family for dinner anyway so we not spending too much time in the room. Our sleep was terrible and we continued to find things that we would have never expected in a hotel/spa that seemed so high class. There is no free wifi (literally unacceptable in this day and age Especially when paying expensive rates), the bath had scum around the bottom and in the plug hole and the teeny tiny TV mostly has channels with movies that again are an extra expense. Both of us work within the hospitality industry and so are not usually whiny complainers but this stay was definitely not worth the money and unless the rest of the hotel is absolutely fabulous and we were just allocated a dodgy room, then I would not return nor recommend anyone else to. We have stayed in MUCH nicer hotels for either the same price or less and had a higher level of service as well as a nicer and cleaner room. Had the second impolite member of staff we came across on check out asked us about our stay then we would have informed her of the problems on the spot, but I guess this hotel doesn't offer that kind of personalised service! Unable to comment on breakfast (despite being overpriced) or the spa as we didn't utilise any of the facilities. From outside the hotel looks lovely, and despite the size the room did too. Turns out first impressions are not everything! Steer clear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than 10 miles from Gatwick Airport, the newly refurbished Crowne Plaza Felbridge is a convenient base for business and leisure, within easy access of the M25 and M23. The location of this stylish hotel, makes an ideally placed meeting and conference destination. The Crowne Plaza Felbridge is the perfect location for training, seminars, product launches, annual conferences, boardroom meetings, interviews, teambuilding and brainstorming events as well as small exhibitions. All the meeting rooms offer everything you would expect from a luxurious and contemporary hotel. Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, you will appreciate the excellent range of facilities at the Crowne Plaza Felbridge hotel, with its 116 bedrooms including accessible and family room availability and 8 purpose built meeting rooms. The hotel is conveniently located close to local attractions including the Bluebell Railway, Ashdown Forest, Tullys Farm, Lingfield Race Course, Chartwell House (home of Winston Churchill) and within 15 minutes of Gatwick Airport with direct links to London. It also boasts The Chakra Spa and Health Club which includes 5 treatment rooms, gym and leisure facilities. For eating and drinking, the Crowne Plaza Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting international-style dishes - as well as some hearty British favourites. We offer 24-hour room service that will tingle your taste buds with locally sourced produce. With state-of-the-art AV systems, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, free on-site parking, the luxurious Chakra Spa and Fitness Centre and delicious catering options, The Crowne Plaza Felbridge will be equipped to provide you with a seamless experience - setting you up for a productive stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Felbridge Hotel East Grinstead
- Felbridge East Grinstead
- Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel East Grinstead, West Sussex