“Possibly the worst nights sleep I've ever had”

Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
“Possibly the worst nights sleep I've ever had”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before and thought it was great so didn't hesitate to book again when we had a very early flight out of Gatwick and needed to be up at 3am. The rooms are small but modern and well equipped. Ours stunk of cigarettes the moment we turned the air con off. We were in room 124 and the sound proofing was awful. There were several parties going on and I think I heard every single drunk person making their way back to their room, it was just so noisy. At one point people were having running races up and down the corridor! The room above had a squeaky floor so when they went to bed around 2am we heard every moment. Despite going to bed at 11, I think I managed about an hours sleep - defeats the point of booking really.
Overall our experience seems to reflect what's on trip advisor - one great and one awful stay. Don't think we'd stay again. The food in the bay tree was good hence I gave it 2 stars rather than 1. When we checked out we weren't asked about our stay otherwise I would have said how awful it had been.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Hayley W
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review on the hotel. It is always beneficial to receive feedback from our guests and I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was disappointing due to excessive noise being made by other hotel guests. Anticipating the hotel being busy with events on the evening we did allocate you a room away from function room however I can only apologies that some guests were noisy in corridor when returning to their bedrooms. We have also recently increased the number of signs around the hotel corridors asking guests be more considerate when retiring to bed.

I will remind the reception staff that they must ask guests regarding their stay because it’s extremely important to receive the feedback whether it’s positive or negative as it gives us an opportunity to make further improvements on our products and service.
I am confident that you will receive a relaxing stay in the future and the high standards of service which we are normally associated with. I would appreciate if you contact me directly for any future bookings which I will be happy to assist you.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Hungarian first
west sussex
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked this hotel on a deal, then rang them and upgraded my room they were very helpful. On arrival the reception staff were very friendly and welcoming, we noticed that there was a wedding reception at the hotel and both my husband and I thought great this is going to be noisy but we heard no noise at all. Our room was lovely and the grounds were very nice to sit and have a drink. We only had breakfast at the hotel and have to say the food and service were great. Very happy with our overnight deal and would go back. Well done to the staff and management.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing this first class review on the hotel and I was pleased to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. Your comments on our staff members and hotel facilities are very kind and it was a pleasure sharing your comments with all hotel team members.

We hope to welcoming you back in near future and I would like to recommend you to dine in Batytree or Anise restaurant on your next visit as excellent food and drinks are our strength too.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Myself & my significant other stayed here for a night before we jetted off to Cape Verde in October 2013. This is a beautiful hotel with friendly staff and it started our holiday off witha little taste of what was to come.
The rooms were so clean, without being clinical, the staff all friendly, the locality to LGW--spot on. The beds were a problem to me I have to say, but in a nice way. Normally when I wake up, that's it, I am like tigger (bouncing around), however, The down matress topper was so comfy that I fell back into the bed & fell asleep again. I was so impressed that I purchased one when we got back.
I cannot thank The Felbridge enough for such a pleasant evening and am looking forward to using their services again this October on out next venture to Cape Verde. Dee Stringer x

Room Tip: All floors are good--we chose the ground floor as we are smokers
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dee S
Dear Dee S,

I am highly pleased to read that you loved your stay here at the Felbridge just before heading to your holiday to Cape Verde and I hope that you had a great holiday.

Your comments about hotel facilities are very kind and it was pleasure reading that bed was so comfortable to make you sleep again in morning.

I am glad that you will be visiting us again in October and we will look forward in welcoming you back. Should like any assistance in booking your room, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you with your booking

Surrey
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I visited with six friends for a spa package. It was superb. The grounds were beautiful, spa and treatments fantastic & restaurant lovely too. The rooms were clean and spacious. The only slight gripe was the added service charge at our evening meal. I would definitely return though, as would we all! Thank you!

Stayed June 2014
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you and all your friends had a nice and enjoyable time at the hotel.

Service charge is always on guest's discretion and this can be removed from the bill by just asking a staff members.

I would like to thank you for placing this review on trip advisor and we hope to see you again at the hotel.

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here at the end of May over night it was a groupon deal. It was a nice hotel the staff were all lovely except for one barman who seemed to be offended because we hadn't booked an afternoon tea in advance (can't remember it being mentioned on the website) can't comment on the afternoon tea as it wasn't available apparently. Loved the elemis products in the room! Clean hotel, nice breakfast too.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time in posting this good review for the hotel. I am pleased that you were happy with overall experience at the hotel and that you had an excellent time.

Although we recommend to book the afternoon tea in advance but serving small groups without having booking has never been a problem and I have spoken to the bar to correct this in future.

We hope to welcoming you back again at the hotel.

East Anglia, UK
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We made a very last minute booking for a one night stay at the Felbridge Hotel and were given a slightly cheaper rate than advertised, so didn't feel we could complain when we found our bathroom was adapted for disabled use. Although not disabled myself, I do work with disabled people and was very impressed by the disabled facilities around the hotel generally. But one problem with our bathroom was that there was no shelf or anywhere to put our toiletries. Also I understand that the washbasin needs to be low, so it can be accessed by a wheelchair user, but it makes it a bit awkward for tall people, like my husband. Our room, however, was absolutely fine - standard hotel style, with fluffy bathrobes and slippers in the cupboard and tea/coffee making facilities. We had a quick look around the gardens, which looked quite pleasant, but didn't use the spa facilities. What really impressed us though was the dinner, which we were expecting to be rather average, judging by the appearance of the hotel, but the food was really top class, and the waiting staff were very attentive and pleasant. Unfortunately the breakfast could only be described as average, which was rather disappointing after the excellent meal the previous evening. Couldn't fault the staff though.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paulaEastAnglia
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing this good review on the hotel.

Firstly the disabled rooms will be only allocated to guests who needs accessible rooms however as these rooms are also of the same standards we do use them for all our guests especially on more busy days.I am glad that you were impressed with the facilities available and the standards of the room.

Its so nice reading that you were highly impressed with the standard of the food and your kind comments has been shared with the food and beverage team at the hotel.

We hope to see you again at the hotel in not too distant future

Chingford London
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I did a one night stay here as we were flying the next day. We stayed on the 10th June 2014. It is a very pleasant hotel with a spa included. Guests are allowed to use the swimming pool part of the spa.

We were in a standard room at first, but our air conditioning was making a noise so we were transferred to a deluxe room, but both rooms were clean, well furnished, and the beds extremely comfortable with clean linen. The move was no problem at all with the staff.

The bathroom had a lovely shower and was stocked with Elemis toiletries and lovely fluffy towels. Bathrobes and slippers were supplied.

The room was air conditioned, there was a free safe and in some rooms a small fridge. Tea and coffee facilities with biscuits are in the room. Also in the room is an iron and ironing board.

The reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the reception has a nice reading area.

A shopping centre with restaurants etc is within easy reach.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for one night, but would be prepared to stay even longer.

Free WiFi throughout.

There is a laundry service but obviously for a one night stay we did not use it.

This hotel has everything you need to make a pleasant stay and we would definitely use it again.

An added bonus to these rooms are the sockets and mirrors are in the right place to enable women to use their hair appliances and dryers. A hairdryer is supplied. More hotels need to take note of this in my opinion.

There is a restaurant for breakfast and dinner but we never sampled it.

Breakfast and dinner are available but at a price.

Ample parking spaces.

Room Tip: A deluxe room is probably better if available as bigger than standard, but standard rooms are okay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teresamcw
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments and putting this elaborate review on the hotel.

Its a pleasure to read that you had a fantastic stay at the hotel and you loved all our facilities.

I am glad that when you reported the noise from Aircon it was resolved immediately by the staff members.

We hope to welcoming you back to hotel in near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Grinstead
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,570 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!