2,476 results
All reviewsreflections restaurantchampagne barhot tubgarden suitebeautiful hotelrelaxation roomchanging roomson arrivalthe fine dining restaurantfull body massageag restaurantcedar lodgebirthday treatroll top bathoutdoor saunarelaxing breakjunior suite
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night as a treat for my wife's birthday.
It is an excellent hotel on every level. Starting with a warm welcome from the staff - they are all friendly and relaxed.
We stayed in Chalfont - this has a lovely 4 poster bed, wooden panelling and a pleasant bathroom. Another reviewer mentioned a droning noise - this is an air-con unit outside the window. You can hear it but it is not a problem, it is not loud.
We had drinks in the Champagne bar before eating in Reflections Restaurant. Again, everyone is friendly and the food is of a high standard. There is an extensive Champagne and wine selection available for all budgets.
The spa area is simply brilliant. Very very clean, fitted out to a very high standard, a fantastic whirlpool area with massage jets, another huge Jacuzzi as well, a large swimming pool - all in a roman style area. In the male changing rooms there are numerous showers, a steam room and a sauna. This place is very refreshing early in the morning.
There is a multitude of treatments available.
All in all a 1st class hotel in a wonderful building in beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear ChrisBatterbee,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel to stay
We were very glad to hear that you were very much pleased with our standards and level of hospitality you experienced in our hotel during your stay.
We sincerely hope to see you back at Alexander House Hotel in the near future.
Yours sincerely,
Front Of House Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Booked a one night stay with my girlfriend to enjoy the spa, the restaurant and the surroundings. The moment we arrived we were very well looked after. Tom did an excellent job of making us feel welcome and giving us a tour of the hotel. The spa treatments were superb, as was the pool and jacuzzi. The room was a bit too warm but clean and well furnished with nice views. The champagne bar is the perfect place to spend a relaxing afternoon by the open fire or a couple of cocktails before dinner. We ate at AG's, the fine dining restaurant, and I have to say it wasn't particularly what I had hoped for. There was nothing wrong in general, and the staff were very attentive, but I wasn't blown away by the food and was left feeling a bit underwhelmed. Maybe I'm being a bit picky though. We finished the stay with a walk in the sunshine before lunch (the hotel provides boots!), down through some fields, past a large herd of deer to a lake and then back via the road as inexplicably we somehow managed to get lost! Overall a great stay and my only regret was not booking for 2 nights.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phil G
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Phil G

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your time with us Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.

I really appreciate your positive feedback about our employee’s friendliness. I am extremely proud that our staff repeatedly provided personal and attentive service. It is a great feeling to learn from you we succeeded to create a memorable and unforgettable experience!

Kind regards,
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We spent a night away from our children for the first time in three years and stayed in the Henley suite which was luxurious and catered well for our needs. Our eight course taster menu with paired wines was superb and we found the choices of wine exciting and inspired. We spent a week on a Michelin starred tour of Burgundy and have stayed in some of the top hotels in the world and found the accommodation, atmosphere and staff at Alexander house to be of an exceptional standard. The spa treatments were fabulous and we came away ready to embrace our children fully refreshed again - a particular nod to whoever trained the staff. Can't recommend highly enough!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Sylvia P,

I would like to thank you for your generous feedback regarding your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel.
I was delighted to read that we managed to contribute to your relaxation.

First and foremost, please allow me to thank you for your recognition of our Alexander House staff for their efforts in making you felt so pampered and special.
.We look forward to welcoming you back

Front of House Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed for 1 night on the 10th of February as we were looking for a hotel with a good restaurant. The communication was good before we arrived, however the final details were not communicated with the restaurant which delayed our dinner quite a bit (I'm vegetarian and pregnant which meant I had to avoid items from the usual menu). We did have a fantastic meal in AG's as the restaurant manager was very helpful and managed to get the tasting menu organised, it was just a shame the message wasn't communicated from reception as promised.

Communication seems to be the main issue as we had items we didn't order added to our bill, and we cancelled the morning paper once in our room and this still arrived the next day.

The room was nice enough but I expected better for the level of hotel, and the bed wasn't so comfortable. Breakfast was great.

I would come back to visit AG's but the hotel part just didn't hit the spot or offer value for money compared to others locally we have stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Littlevik

Dear Littlevik,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel and for providing us with useful feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with our AG`s restaurant
I am however; very sorry to hear that the cancelled newspaper still arrived to you in the morning .
Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with this very helpful review

Best wishes
Front Of House Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2014

A small group of us stayed at Alexander House Hotel just one night for a special occasion and overall the stay was enjoyable - staff, food and surroundings were nice. However, (and it's a biggie which ruined the experience), two of us were put in the Chalfont Suite on the ground floor, directly opposite the Champagne Bar. If you're booking a stay at this hotel I would strongly advise that you avoid this room.

When we settled down for the night we noticed a continual whirring, electrical hum that continued throughout the night. Then we had to contend with the noise from attendees of a medical convention who decide to make a ruckus until 4am (including playing the piano). We reported this but the staff simply closed the door to the bar opposite which didn't stop us being able to hear people going in and out (we could even make out their conversations).

In summary - the Chalfont Suite is not sound proofed, has an incessant hum, and will not provide you with a good night's sleep...

Room Tip: Avoid the Chalfont Suite!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ade0na,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel and for providing us with useful feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the warm welcome from our reception team and that you enjoyed our Spa experience.
I am however, very sorry to read of the disturbance you experienced in your room
Thank you once again for providing feedback and I do hope you will revisit us, giving us a chance to change your opinion of the Alexander House Hotel.

Best wishes