“Mothers Day Afternoon Tea.”

Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Mothers Day Afternoon Tea.”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My daughter took me out for a surprise afternoon tea at Alexander House. The service was excellent and the tea was delicious. Totally recommend it for a special afternoon out with someone special. I will have to take my friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda R
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Linda R,

Thank you for joining us for Afternoon tea and for your subsequent review.
I am very pleased to read that you have had a fabulous time here with us.
I very much hope you will be returning to us very soon for another afternoon tea.

Kind Regards
Front Of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 30 March 2014

i thought the hotel was great the service second to none and the food fabulous i enjoyed the spa it was a treat and my room was a delight I really shall be back on getting the breakfast i never thought of the style until i got it very well presented

Room Tip: higher floor if possible
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mono254,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel and for providing us with useful feedback on your recent stay with us.
We work hard to create and deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
Your review will most definitely encourage us to continue to strive for superior customer service.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

So, every year my wife heads to the Alexander with a friend. This year was meant to be no different, but a last minute change of plan meant we went together.

It was a treat from the outset, the staff were really helpful, especially Ray at the front desk. The food is the Reflections restaurant was superb, with a good choice and not bad priced.

We stayed in Edinburgh, highly recommend it. It wasn't the biggest, the view wasn't the best but it was heavenly quiet as it was in the corner with no neighbours. The bed was very comfy and we slept like logs.

The spa is ok, it was a little nosy as it is downstairs and a tad busy, we opted for the outside hot tub and we got fresh air and peace.

The downs, well

Value wise, it's on par with most spa hotels. If we did it again, I would opt for a two night stay and so you get to make the spa of the spa and the earned rest.

Well worth a visit

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear GillyTricks,

Thank you very much for positive feedback you provided us with. We were very glad to hear that you were very much pleased with our standards and level of hospitality you experienced in our hotel during your stay.
We sincerely hope to see you back at Alexander House Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Aylesford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had a lovely weekend at this hotel. The setting is beautiful, the staff were friendly and made us feel so very welcome. We can't wait to come back. The food was outstanding and the room was luxurious and very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SimoneJ,

I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay at Alexander House Hotel.
All of the team here really appreciate your praise for them.
We work hard to create and deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming both of you back in our Hotel.

Best wishes
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel is truely decadent in every respect! From the moment my husband and I entered until the moment we left we were treated like royalty. The staff were helpful and engaging throughout our stay, encouraging us at every opportunity to relax and make ourselves at home. Our room was upgraded free of charge due to an earlier inconvenience (not of the hotels making) which we were absolutely delighted about. We stayed in the main building in the Rochester (luxury king room) which was beautiful and exceeded our expectations. One of the highlights included the roll top bath and the walk in rain shower. The spa facilities and dining was, in my opinion, world class. We left feeling totally relaxed and rejuvenated.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Ervins01
Dear Ervins01

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.
I am extremely happy to note that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your praise of our beautiful Rochester room and our Utopia Spa Facilities.
Thank you once again for providing feedback and I do hope you will revisit us, giving us a chance to change your opinion of Alexander House Hotel.

Best wishes
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on business and was very disappointed. Check in was chaotic but I eventually got a room. It was very small, dusty and had a double bed squashed into it. The beam across the room was lethal and I'm surprised that even at 5'9 I didn't sustain a head injury. The furniture was a hotch potch of faux antique junk shop furniture and IKEA type stuff. The bed was comfortable but the bathroom very small and poorly appointed. The glass shelf placed right at forehead level was perfectly situated to sustain yet another injury but I suppose if the beam didn't get you the shelf will!

Breakfast was dreadful. The staff are awkward and trying to pretend that they are working somewhere upscale but failing miserably. The cold table of fruit etc is the worst I've seen. The cooked breakfast burned and even the toast overdone. I had to ask 3 times for coffee. Dinner was edible but by no means memorable. The service was very basic.

This hotel is really a low end spa venue. It isn't suitable for business events. I don't want to see people pottering around in ill fitting dressing gowns and slippers at 10 in the morning when trying to focus on business. Most of us don't look good like that and the customers here are no exception!

I can't think of any redeeming features to this hotel and don't recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank francophileonthemove
Dear francophileonthemove,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here at Alexander House Hotel.
I am so sorry to read that our Restaurant breakfast did not meet your expectations
We are keen to receive feedback on our food and generally only receive good feedback on the choice on breakfast offer.

Naturally being a Spa Hotel we do encourage our guest to use the hotel facilities in their dressing gowns and slippers for their conform

best wishes,
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing! Beautiful gardens, friendly, hospitable staff, five star food, modern dressing to bedrooms, wonderful old building with elegance in bundles. Will be going again and again for the relaxed heaven that this hotel provides!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear SuzieQe,

Thank you for your lovely review and staying with us. It sounds as if you had a delightful time and experience in our Hotel.
I was also pleased to read how much you enjoyed the room itself and the great care from all the Alexander House Hotel Team
My team and I look forward to welcome you back.

best wishes,
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
#2 of 4 in East Grinstead
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick

Been to Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!