2,494 results
All reviews reflections restaurant champagne bar hot tub garden suite beautiful hotel relaxation room changing rooms on arrival the fine dining restaurant full body massage ag restaurant cedar lodge birthday treat roll top bath outdoor sauna relaxing break junior suite
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I would say exceptional but there again you wouldn't expect anything less if you were thinking of staying here.

My partner treated me to a night's stay with spa treatments for my 40th Birthday. We stayed in a suite which was simply stunning. Such a perfect way to celebrate the dawn of a new decade. The staff even sent me a birthday card – now that's such a nice touch.

Service was very attentive whilst respecting your space. Very professional from the point of being greeted at the door; being shown to our rooms; room service with dinner and breakfast arriving perfectly on time; staff turning down our beds in the evening; and the staff in the spa put you at ease from the moment you walked in. Perfect.

If you want to really treat yourself then have no hesitation and book yourself here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear DeanodogUK,

Thank you for your passionate words. It is great to read that you had a memorable stay with us and we are truly honoured to read on the Tripadvisor website that you rank us “Exceptional - a wonderful choice” It makes us feel proud.
We very much look forward to seeing both of you again in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We came across Alexander House after a quick online search and by far it looked the best for spa breaks just outside London and with the packages available it offered a good variety of choice at a range of prices.

The hotel itself is set in beautiful grounds and the interior of the building was without fault from the luxurious lounge area, champagne room straight from the front cover of an interior design magazine, all the way up to the grandeur of the bedroom.

In terms of food, we were there for two nights so got to dine at both the fine dining restaurant and the bistro. On the first night we opted for the tasting menu with accompanying wines of which the food was beautifully presented by I felt was lacking in real depth of flavour in some dishes, however, this was more than made up for by the sommelier's choice of wines and expert explanations of each tipple. The restaurant was slightly lacking in atmosphere but definitely delivered on the regency feel of the grand interior of the building. The 'Reflections' dining room offered a more relaxed experience the second night and in all I thought was excellent in both presentation and variety of menu.

In regards to the spa we both indulged and had full body messages and facials, the utopia spa itself is definitely the highlight of the venue. The staff were polite and professional and the pool area was first class in both design and comfort, there is even an outdoor jacuzzi for the brave!

Overall we really enjoyed the stay, the hotel was perfectly presented and the Grecian style spa which was advertised 'the best in the south east' did not disappoint. My only criticism would be the service which although was attentive and friendly was slightly lacking in finesse.

I would definitely recommend Alexander House for special occasions as a couple or with friends. Special mention to Ray for his brilliant guided tour and Alex for his recommendation of locally sourced wine which we have decided to have at our wedding reception.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear AnthonyC,

Thank you for so much praise , we are all pleased to hear that you have unforgettable stay with us.
I was also pleased to read how much you enjoyed our Spa itself and the great care from all the Alexander House Hotel Team
My team and I look forward to welcome you back.

best wishes

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here as part of a groupon deal, we were booked at Rowhill Grange but got moved due to overbooking at Rowhill... SO glad they moved us.
The place is beautiful, the spa is amazing and hardly anyone in there, loved our time there and will be eagerly awaiting another Groupon to come up!

Staff were very well trained, very friendly, felt like a VIP

Room Tip: Laburnum overlooks the outside hot tub....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear RachaleJ,

Thank you for your comments.
I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed Utopia Spa. We put a lot into offering our undivided attention to all of our guests
Once again I would like to thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel and sincerely hope you will revisit us in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My daughter took me out for a surprise afternoon tea at Alexander House. The service was excellent and the tea was delicious. Totally recommend it for a special afternoon out with someone special. I will have to take my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda R

Dear Linda R,

Thank you for joining us for Afternoon tea and for your subsequent review.
I am very pleased to read that you have had a fabulous time here with us.
I very much hope you will be returning to us very soon for another afternoon tea.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 March 2014

i thought the hotel was great the service second to none and the food fabulous i enjoyed the spa it was a treat and my room was a delight I really shall be back on getting the breakfast i never thought of the style until i got it very well presented

Room Tip: higher floor if possible
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mono254,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel and for providing us with useful feedback on your recent stay with us.
We work hard to create and deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
Your review will most definitely encourage us to continue to strive for superior customer service.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely