“Service is exceptional in both hotel and spa”

Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I'm gutted that I've only just discovered this place, it's lovely!

The team in the hotel are the best I've encountered during my 4 week trip in the uk, the service is genuinely exceptional.

I only had a massage in the spa but it was great. Looking forward to coming back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear runtothesunlondon,

Thank you so much for this very positive feedback.

It was a pleasure for us to pamper you throughout your stay.

I thank you for your words of praise concerning all of the departments in the hotel.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I would say exceptional but there again you wouldn't expect anything less if you were thinking of staying here.

My partner treated me to a night's stay with spa treatments for my 40th Birthday. We stayed in a suite which was simply stunning. Such a perfect way to celebrate the dawn of a new decade. The staff even sent me a birthday card – now that's such a nice touch.

Service was very attentive whilst respecting your space. Very professional from the point of being greeted at the door; being shown to our rooms; room service with dinner and breakfast arriving perfectly on time; staff turning down our beds in the evening; and the staff in the spa put you at ease from the moment you walked in. Perfect.

If you want to really treat yourself then have no hesitation and book yourself here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear DeanodogUK,

Thank you for your passionate words. It is great to read that you had a memorable stay with us and we are truly honoured to read on the Tripadvisor website that you rank us “Exceptional - a wonderful choice” It makes us feel proud.
We very much look forward to seeing both of you again in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We came across Alexander House after a quick online search and by far it looked the best for spa breaks just outside London and with the packages available it offered a good variety of choice at a range of prices.

The hotel itself is set in beautiful grounds and the interior of the building was without fault from the luxurious lounge area, champagne room straight from the front cover of an interior design magazine, all the way up to the grandeur of the bedroom.

In terms of food, we were there for two nights so got to dine at both the fine dining restaurant and the bistro. On the first night we opted for the tasting menu with accompanying wines of which the food was beautifully presented by I felt was lacking in real depth of flavour in some dishes, however, this was more than made up for by the sommelier's choice of wines and expert explanations of each tipple. The restaurant was slightly lacking in atmosphere but definitely delivered on the regency feel of the grand interior of the building. The 'Reflections' dining room offered a more relaxed experience the second night and in all I thought was excellent in both presentation and variety of menu.

In regards to the spa we both indulged and had full body messages and facials, the utopia spa itself is definitely the highlight of the venue. The staff were polite and professional and the pool area was first class in both design and comfort, there is even an outdoor jacuzzi for the brave!

Overall we really enjoyed the stay, the hotel was perfectly presented and the Grecian style spa which was advertised 'the best in the south east' did not disappoint. My only criticism would be the service which although was attentive and friendly was slightly lacking in finesse.

I would definitely recommend Alexander House for special occasions as a couple or with friends. Special mention to Ray for his brilliant guided tour and Alex for his recommendation of locally sourced wine which we have decided to have at our wedding reception.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear AnthonyC,

Thank you for so much praise , we are all pleased to hear that you have unforgettable stay with us.
I was also pleased to read how much you enjoyed our Spa itself and the great care from all the Alexander House Hotel Team
My team and I look forward to welcome you back.

best wishes

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here as part of a groupon deal, we were booked at Rowhill Grange but got moved due to overbooking at Rowhill... SO glad they moved us.
The place is beautiful, the spa is amazing and hardly anyone in there, loved our time there and will be eagerly awaiting another Groupon to come up!

Staff were very well trained, very friendly, felt like a VIP

Room Tip: Laburnum overlooks the outside hot tub....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear RachaleJ,

Thank you for your comments.
I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed Utopia Spa. We put a lot into offering our undivided attention to all of our guests
Once again I would like to thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel and sincerely hope you will revisit us in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My daughter took me out for a surprise afternoon tea at Alexander House. The service was excellent and the tea was delicious. Totally recommend it for a special afternoon out with someone special. I will have to take my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda R

Dear Linda R,

Thank you for joining us for Afternoon tea and for your subsequent review.
I am very pleased to read that you have had a fabulous time here with us.
I very much hope you will be returning to us very soon for another afternoon tea.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

i thought the hotel was great the service second to none and the food fabulous i enjoyed the spa it was a treat and my room was a delight I really shall be back on getting the breakfast i never thought of the style until i got it very well presented

Room Tip: higher floor if possible
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mono254,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel and for providing us with useful feedback on your recent stay with us.
We work hard to create and deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
Your review will most definitely encourage us to continue to strive for superior customer service.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

So, every year my wife heads to the Alexander with a friend. This year was meant to be no different, but a last minute change of plan meant we went together.

It was a treat from the outset, the staff were really helpful, especially Ray at the front desk. The food is the Reflections restaurant was superb, with a good choice and not bad priced.

We stayed in Edinburgh, highly recommend it. It wasn't the biggest, the view wasn't the best but it was heavenly quiet as it was in the corner with no neighbours. The bed was very comfy and we slept like logs.

The spa is ok, it was a little nosy as it is downstairs and a tad busy, we opted for the outside hot tub and we got fresh air and peace.

The downs, well

Value wise, it's on par with most spa hotels. If we did it again, I would opt for a two night stay and so you get to make the spa of the spa and the earned rest.

Well worth a visit

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GillyTricks,

Thank you very much for positive feedback you provided us with. We were very glad to hear that you were very much pleased with our standards and level of hospitality you experienced in our hotel during your stay.
We sincerely hope to see you back at Alexander House Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club
Barnett Hill Hotel
Barnett Hill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wonersh

Been to Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!