“5 star everything”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
London, United Kingdom
“5 star everything”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Having returned for a one night break for a friends hen party I can only sing the praises of this amazing hotel and spa. The service in our own private dining room was excellent and the food was delicious. The bedroom was extremely comfortable and very spacious. We were pleased to see that we had been visited before bedtime and water had been placed by our bedside table as well as our window blind closed for us. The spa facilities were out of this world! Beautiful decor and surroundings not mentioning the heavenly massage I had booked. I will definitely be visiting again soon! Thank you so much.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Sophia Y,

Thank you for so much praise!
I am extremely happy to note that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your praise of our beautiful room.
I am glad to learn that you also enjoyed your treatments were able to indulge yourself in our Utopia Spa.

Best wishes
Front Of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
hornchurch
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Just come back from an amazing one night stay at Alexander House. Everything was perfect beautiful house beautiful grounds, the staff are friendly helpfull and nothing is too much trouble.
The receptionist that greeted us on arrival Karen was very nice and did everything to make sure our stay was perfect. The Spa is amazing and we had a lovely meal in the restaurant, service and food could not be faulted. We will be returning.

Karen was very professional and did everything to make sure our stay

Karen was lovely very professional and could not do enough to make sure our stay was perfect. We hsd a lovely afternoon in the spa and the food and setvice in the restaurant was very good indeed. Beds so comfty lovrly nights sleep. We will ve returning.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Susan I,

I am grateful for this wonderful feedback.

I am truly pleased to hear that you were provided an excellent service through our staff. This will serve as an encouragement to keep on providing such high standards of service.

I thank you also for recommending Alexander House Hotels to your entourage.

We look forward to your next visits.

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My sister and I went to Alexander Hotel for afternoon tea.
The waitress was very welcoming and friendly.
The tea was wonderful and the food was to die for.
Absolutely scrumptious and highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mette7406,

Thank you for joining us for afternoon tea and for your lovely review.
I am very pleased to read that you have had a fabulous Afternoon Tea here with us in our South Drawing room overlooking our lovely gardens and you find our Afternoon tea “Scrumptious!”

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Recently took my mum and sister to the Utopia Spa. Despite it being Mothering Sunday weekend the spa was not over crowded which was nice. Upon arrival we were greeted with our robes and given a tour but rather disappointingly slippers are not provided they charge for these so top bring your own flip flops! Lunch selection was very nice despite originally bringing out the wrong starters this was quickly rectified. I recommend the sticky toffee pud this was delicious! The grounds are beautiful and I highly recommend having a wonder around as there is plenty to see. The spa itself is beautiful. The large jacuzzi is a tad cold so I recommend using the outside or smaller one. The sauna and steam room is separated for male and females so if going as a couple this may be an issue. The treatment rooms are of a good size and the treatments were nice. Slight criticism the therapist did not ask about pressure of the massage or offer a glass of water following treatment. Minor touches but this can make all the difference. The staff were very professional throughout and attentive. I would recommend this for a relaxing day :-)

Stayed April 2014
Dear NatalieWat,

Thank you so much for your praising words of the Utopia Spa it is great to hear that you had a memorable spa day with us.

I am truly glad to hear that we have provided you with the highest standards of service. As a matter of fact we genuinely love to pamper all of our guests in our award winning Utopia Spa

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I treated my parents to a very British afternoon tea.
The food was lovely, the service excellent, the concierge extremely helpful.
The location is great.
Would recommend and certainly go back.
Just loved it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Aline V,

Thank you for joining us for Afternoon Tea and for your subsequent review.
I am very pleased to read that you had a fabulous time here with us.
I very much hope you will be returning to us very soon for another Afternoon Tea.

Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked a night stay ,and spa treatments for me and my girlfriend , for her birthday . Although the treatments were very nice . And the actual spa was gorgeous . The rooms were terrible , first we we're put in a tiny room , I noticed stains on the walls , in the bathroom wall paper was peeling off, when I asked to move , they tryed to charge us additional fee which we refused . Once they took a look they soon moved us .Are other room a lot nicer , but the walls were all hollow , you could hear absolutely everything your neighbours talking , people walking up and down . My girlfriend barely slept because she could here are neighbours talking . Apart from the rooms everything was lovely , the food was top notch

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lee P
Dear LeeP,

Thank you for your comments.
I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your Spa and Restaurant experience at Alexander House Hotel.
We put a lot into offering our undivided attention to all of our guests.
In regards to the issues you experienced in the room, we are sorry to hear that we were unable to solve the issue on the spot. This was fixed by our maintenance team at a later time.
Please except our apologies for the noise disturbance emitting from the next door room, and as we were at full occupancy were unable to relocate you to a quieter room. We are currently installing full sound proof doors to prevent future like issues.

Yours sincerely,
Purley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We treated ourselves to a romantic weekend break to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. I have to say it was the most expensive weekend we ever had BUT it was sooo worth it! From start to finish it was amazing. Special mention to Keith the concierge who added a quintessential British Charm to the hotel ( I felt as though we were on Downton Abbey!) & Christian the bartender at the 1608 Champagne Bar who made the most delicious cocktails. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and we had a lovely walk in the surrounding woods. The room luxuroius, the meals were nothing less than exceptional & the spa was just pure bliss. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sonia R
Dear SoniaR,

Thank you for this positive feedback!

I am truly glad to hear that the whole team was welcoming and attentive as we strive in providing the best service.
I have personally made sure that your comments have been forwarded to Keith Farley our Doorman and to Christian Smith our Barman; both of them were delighted to hear about your kind words.

Best wishes
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
#2 of 4 in East Grinstead
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick

Been to Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!